IREX is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to building a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world by empowering youth, cultivating leaders, strengthening institutions, and extending access to quality education and information.
The Program Associate will join the Communities & Governance (C&G) practice and focus on Middle East programming. C&G projects advance equal access to rights and justice, expand inclusive avenues for civil participation, and promote accountable governance. As part of project teams that provides strategic and administrative support in the day-to-day administration of program activities, the Program Associate will contribute to financial monitoring, logistics support, implementation of program initiatives, grants management, liaising between field and home office staff, and communicating with local partner organizations on issues ranging from program design to financial accountability.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate between headquarters and field staff to implement program activities and to collect information about activities implemented in the field;
- Assist with research and/or writing summaries of project activities and results including quarterly and other program reports for funding agencies;
- Assist in developing program materials, including research and design of training workshops and training manuals;
- Track and analyze financial data including program expenditures, program budgets, and grantee and vendor payments;
- Process payments according to IREX procedures;
- Track work plan activity progress toward project objectives and/or track project indicator data;
- Assist with all aspects of subgrant and contractual management, including reviewing grantee due diligence and risk assessment, drafting subawards and monitoring plans, internal review process, tracking and overall monitoring of subgrant activities;
- Assist in brainstorming, planning, design, and drafting of strategic communications materials for programs;
- Update publicity materials and web pages for programs;
- Manage consultant agreements, logistics, and payments;
- Support travel and event logistics;
- Process consultant, contractor, and/or subgrantee payment requests, in accordance with IREX procedures;
- Support program monitoring and evaluation, including data collection and reporting;
- As necessary, support senior staff and development officers in researching and developing proposals and other tasks for new business development; and
- Other administrative and programmatic duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in international development, international relations, Middle East Studies, or a related field;
- Experience managing administrative tasks required;
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate challenges and problem solve;
- Strong interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skills, professionalism in written correspondence and report writing, excellent presentation and oral communication skills;
- Proven organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail, including the ability to prioritize;
- Able to work independently and as a team member with consistent ability to take initiative, meet deadlines, and be flexible;
- Speaking, reading and writing proficiency in English required;
- Proficiency in Arabic language strongly preferred; and
- Experience with graphic design and data visualization preferred.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*