The Media and Communications Officer is responsible for GFP's carefully focused media engagement, locally where GFP programmes are operating, regionally and globally. This includes managing media contacts on the SalesForce database and media engagement with priority target audiences: current/potential donors and partners and volunteers. This role also supports the storytelling function of the communications department by creating written English content for various platforms, and assisting with videography projects and the blog.
This position provides an invaluable opportunity to be part of GFP's growing team and Jordan's highest-ranked NGO (ranked #34 in the Top 500 NGOs in the World, by NGO Advisor). Based in Amman. Excellent spoken and written English and Arabic are needed for this role. At least four year's professional experience is required. Attractive competitive salary and benefits based on experience and performance.
Education, Qualifications, Competences, Skills Required:
· University Bachelor's Degree minimum, preferably in a relevant discipline.
· At least four years' professional experience in communications, media and public relations.
· Experience working internationally or in an international multi-cultural organisation.
· Excellent knowledge of relevant media publications and strong existing relationships with local and international media.
· Excellent professional communications standard of spoken and written English and Arabic.
· Excellent interpersonal skills and proven ability to build effective relationships.
· Excellent presentation skills and ability to field media questions and maintain focus on GFP key messages.
· Proven ability to engage with media to pitch stories and maximise media coverage.
· Experience providing media coverage reports and analysis.
· Experience working with communications agents and consultants.
· Experience maintaining contacts databases
· Proven problem-solving, crisis management skills and sensitivity to issues.
· Experience posting communications on websites/extranets and social media channels.
· Excellent computer skills (documents/spreadsheets/databases/presentations/multi-media/calendars/email).
· Sound knowledge of public relations and communications, principles and methods.
· Cultural sensitivity and understanding of different interpretations of communications approaches in different global, regional, and local contexts.
· Interest in global current affairs, conflict resolution and peace building, and international development.
· Masters level degree in a relevant discipline.
· Experience in copy writing of compelling media and public relations communications in English and Arabic.
· Experience of coordinating advocacy campaigns. Experience in social media.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*