MAG is recruiting a Country Director to lead our programme in Iraq. This is an exciting time to join the MAG Iraq team, leading emergency response activities as well as managing longer-term existing programming, in a rapidly changing context. Reporting to the Regional Director, you will be MAG’s most senior representative in Iraq, responsible for the effective integration of strategic, programmatic and operational management and the development of new business, in compliance with contractual obligations and MAG’s mission and mandate. You will have a wide variety of strategic responsibilities including contract management, donor liaison, business development, people management, capacity building and risk management. This position is based in Erbil, with travel to MAG’s operational bases as and when required.
Previous experience in the mine action sector is not essential however you will need extensive experience working overseas at a senior management level managing large scale programmes. This should include extensive experience of managing a multi-million and multi-funded projects, with experience developing new business and representation to the highest levels. The successful candidate will also need excellent people management skills and the ability to manage support functions including HR, administration, logistics and finance. Finally, the successful candidate will have demonstrable experience of working in complex political and volatile security contexts and the tact, diplomacy and tenacity needed to lead MAG’s largest programme.
MAG staff are rewarded with a range of benefits
• Salary: The total salary package for this position is £52,960 - £57,424 per annum *Please see the general information for full terms and conditions related to this.
• Accommodation: MAG will provide accommodation in-country.
• Leave: We recognise our staff work hard and need the appropriate time out to stay motivated. You'll have a minimum of eight weeks leave per year
• Flights: MAG provides three international flights home per year
• Insurance: All international staff are automatically covered by MAG's comprehensive insurance package including: personal accident and medical expenses insurance; death by natural causes insurance and access to 24-hour medical assistance including evacuation and repatriation.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*