- Be responsible for the strategic, technical and management assistance across areas of CHAI interest;
- Assist NMCP with the successful execution of the malaria elimination strategy; mobilize CHAI and partner resources to develop solutions to rapidly address bottlenecks;
- Support NMCP on the reorientation of their program towards elimination, specific activities may include:
- Updating guidelines, policies, and plans to align with global elimination recommendations;
- Developing operational plans and associated training materials to build government capacity and support effective execution of malaria program;
- Assist NMCP identify potential sources for and mobilization of additional funding to address any potential gaps preventing robust implementation of national malaria strategic plan;
- Support implementation of national case management guidelines at all registered public and private health facilities to support accurate and prompt diagnoses and treatment of all suspected malaria cases;
- Support rapid and accurate reporting of malaria data from health facilities and community health care workers and that all data is appropriately stored and managed to ensure a rapid and effective response;
- Identify key impediments to the successful execution of the malaria elimination strategy and other national guidelines and work with the NMCP and partners to develop solutions to rapidly address these bottlenecks;
- Explore the utilization of new tools and interventions to eliminate malaria and develop operational plans and other materials to support the implementation of these tools;
- Collaborate with NMCP and partner organizations to design and implement operational research projects to identify improved approaches that will help optimize malaria elimination interventions;
- Drive internal strategic planning and budgeting processes related to the malaria work streams and oversee project performance against work plans and budget.
- Train, develop work plans, and oversee the 3-4 member CHAI malaria team on a day to day basis, supporting staff to ensure optimal delivery of CHAI support;
- Establish effective communication and coordination mechanisms within the CHAI malaria team in order to ensure well-coordinated work streams and maximum impact of CHAI’s support to national program.
- Work closely with the Country Director, Associate Director, and the Regional and Global Malaria Teams to maintain overall strategic direction of the program;
- Identify strategic areas for expansion or redirection and guide strategic planning or proposal development as needed;
- Other responsibilities as needed by team.
- Bachelor’s degree plus 5 years of work experience including experience managing others;
- Exceptional problem solving skills and quantitative and qualitative analytical capabilities;
- Exceptional English and Vietnamese communication skills, including the ability to create compelling, logical presentations, using PowerPoint and other tools, and a structured and assured oral and written communication style;
- Advanced analytical skills and problem-solving with proven ability to develop and apply quantitative models using Excel and other tools to address specific challenges and improve working practices with a focus on outcomes;
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships in a challenging multicultural environment;
- Ability to manage numerous work streams simultaneously in high pressure situations;
- Proficient in Excel, Powerpoint, and Word;
- Ability to conduct 25% domestic travel.
- Advanced degree in public health or business;
- Experience working with geographic information systems;
- Experience developing database systems and using statistical software for data analysis;
- Experience living and working in Southeast Asia, including as a native of the region;
- Experience working with Asian governments and institutions;
- Experience in working with malaria and/or other infectious diseases.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*