We’re seeking an Associate Editor to join us in New York. The editor will report to our Senior Editor and Head of Research and work with our expert analysts and contributors around the world.
• Edit weekly analyses of political developments worldwide, including in the Middle East, Russia and the former Soviet Union, Africa, Southeast Asia, and Latin America;
• Edit in-depth monthly reports, client briefings and text-heavy maps and visuals;
• Ensure all copy is factually accurate and conforms to the firm’s house style;
• Some administrative duties to help the editorial and research teams, as needed.
A successful candidate has:
• Strong editing, copy editing, writing, fact-checking, and research skills;
• A background in journalism, political science or international relations;
• Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills;
• The ability to multitask and work in a deadline-oriented environment;
• A flexible, positive attitude;
• A sense of humor.
Major pluses include:
• Language skills (particularly Spanish, French, Arabic, Russian, Turkish or Portuguese);
• Demonstrated interest in energy issues, international politics and/or the oil and gas industry.
We offer a competitive salary, benefits, opportunities for growth, and a casual, collegial environment.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Please send your resume, along with a cover letter telling us about yourself and your interest in energy politics, to the attention of Cameron Hood.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*