Do you have a passion for global education and international exchange? Are you looking to work in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment with talented, results-oriented people who share a global vision?
Global Glimpse is a visionary nonprofit that inspires America's next generation to become responsible global citizens through after school workshops and an immersion program in a developing country. Started in the San Francisco Bay Area in 2007, Global Glimpse has grown to serve 1000 students annually across 65 high schools in the Bay Area, New York, Chicago, Western Massachusetts, and in partnership with six national college preparatory organizations.
Global Glimpse works to make global education accessible to all; our program delivers true socioeconomic, ethnic, and experiential diversity. The majority of Global Glimpse students receive significant scholarships to participate in the program. We provide high school students with an opportunity to develop the skills, motivation, confidence, and perspective to tackle challenges in their lives and communities.
The Administrative Assistant will manage all administrative aspects of Global Glimpse in the United States. This includes: office management, accounting, and fundraising as well as support of student programing, special events, and miscellaneous projects. This is a great opportunity for an ambitious individual to grow within a rapidly expanding nonprofit organization.
- Handle [email protected] email address. Answer organizational questions and forward queries to appropriate staff
- Handle organizational 1-800 number for administrative requests. Answer organizational questions and forward queries to appropriate staff
- HR responsibilities including posting new job openings, managing incoming applications, filing and tracking hiring documents, and tracking current staff benefits and PTO
- Keep organization's insurance plans, IT packages, and business registrations up to date
- Help to book flights, travel and support scheduling for senior staff members
- Gather material for events including fundraising events, teacher trainings, alumni summits, and end-of-year celebrations
- Keep organizational systems like Salesforce and Mailchimp up-to-date and ensure accuracy of information, regularly remove duplicates
- Manage all incoming mail including bills, donations, and organizational paperwork. Distribute student payments to appropriate staff
- Organize and manage all electronic and paper filing for the head office
- Maintain office space and ensure that office has all supplies necessary
- Help to manage organization's interns
- Review monthly staff expense reports to ensure accuracy
- Input monthly organizational expenses into QuickBooks and ensure that accounting is accurate
- Handle end of year tax reporting, info collection for 1099s, and coordination with outside tax professional
- Write checks for vendors, students, and staff
- Manage staff payroll
- Track donations coming in to the organization in salesforce and process matching donations
- Keep track of donor data and pull all donor & supporter addresses for annual mailings
- Write thank you cards to donors & supporters & prepare thank you letters/gifts to support ED
- Research fundraising opportunities
- Support with grant preparation and reporting
- Present the Global Glimpse program at parent information sessions at partner high schools
- Help process tax forms for students applying for scholarships
- Support airline negotiation by entering flight data into online system and checking flight itineraries and tickets for accuracy
- Highly organized, strong time management skills, ability to multitask
- Keen eye for detail
- Experience with key systems including Quickbooks and Salesforce is a bonus.
- Experience with payment tracking, accounting, and budget management
- Experience in the non-profit sector preferred, but not required
- Ability to work effectively in a small team environment
- Strong interpersonal skills
- High level of professionalism
- Ability to engage professionally with parents, students, and educators
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Skilled in Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint, Word
- Strong public speaking skills are a bonus
- Fluency in Spanish or other foreign language is a bonus
Please send resume and cover letter detailing your reasons for wanting to work for Global Glimpse and qualifications for the position. Please have "Administrative Assistant – Your Name" in the subject line of the email. In your cover letter, please provide 3 references. They will not be contacted until you have gone through a final interview. Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*