Assistant Program Officer for Latin America and the Caribbean - (Job #1706)
National Endowment for Democracy (NED)
The National Endowment for Democracy (NED) is a congressionally funded, private, nonprofit grant making organization that works to support freedom around the world, and seeks an Assistant Program Officer for Latin America and the Caribbean. This position is based in Washington, D.C.
The Assistant Program Officer will work with program staff to provide programmatic and administrative support to NED’s Latin America and Caribbean grants program, monitor programs and budgets, prepare reports, and assist in reviewing projects in the region. NED is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive salaries and excellent benefits.
- Drafting summaries of proposals to present at quarterly Board of Directors’ meetings;
- Assisting in the evaluation of project proposals;
- Maintaining regular correspondence with existing grantees;
- Assisting in monitoring the work of grantees;
- Tracking political developments in the region;
- Providing administrative support to regional Program Officers;
- Organizing events to highlight specific democracy-related issues.
- Master’s level education or equivalent knowledge in International Affairs, Political Science, History, or a related discipline;
- At least 2 to 4 years of extensive experience in democracy-related work;
- MS Office skills;
- Experience with financial management and reporting.
- Other Qualifications:
- In-depth knowledge of political and economic issues and trends in Latin America and the Caribbean;
- Time living, working or traveling in Latin America and the Caribbean;
- Solid understanding of civil society issues and familiarity with civil society networks, media outlets, political actors, and individual activists;
- Advanced fluency (reading, writing and speaking) in English and Spanish is required;
- Authorized to work in the United States.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills;
- Sound political judgment;
- Ability to maintain professionalism under pressure;
- High degree of organization and initiative;
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*
Candidates must include a cover letter, resume, completed NED employment application, salary history with requirements, and contact information for three professional references. Please send to [email protected], with Job #1706 – Assistant Program Officer, LAC - YOUR NAME in the subject line. The NED is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For more information, please visit our website at www.ned.org. Please, no phone call inquiries. www.ned.org/NED-Full-Employment-Application.pdf