Special Assistant to the Deputy for Policy and Strategy – (Job #1725)
National Endowment for Democracy (NED)
The National Endowment for Democracy (NED), a congressionally funded, private, nonprofit grant making organization that works to support freedom around the world, seeks a Special Assistant to the Deputy for Policy and Strategy in the Office of the President. This position is based in Washington, D.C.
The Special Assistant to the Deputy for Policy and Strategy provides administrative, research, and operational support to the Deputy to the President for Policy and Strategy, with drafting responsibilities as assigned.
Policy and Strategy:
- Assist Deputy with the preparation of evaluative and analytical content for policy and strategy development.
- Conduct research to obtain background information on various projects as requested by supervisor.
- Format, edit, proofread, reproduce and distribute materials for internal and external audiences.
- Occasionally lead or moderate discussions and working groups, especially among peers in the organization.
- Facilitate and provide day-to-day supervision of section intern(s).
- Draft notes and follow up tracking from meetings, as assigned.
- Manage, track, and facilitate supervisor’s schedule and coordinate with Program teams and strategic coordinators as assigned.
- Provide administrative support to the Deputy including scheduling regular and ad-hoc meetings, responding to phone and email correspondence, making travel arrangements, and providing follow-up on any action items or assignments.
- Coordinate correspondence, file reports, and preserve vital records as needed.
- Help plan and coordinate the logistics of meetings and events, internally at headquarters as well as for visitors and Core Institute staff.
- Master’s degree, or equivalent work experience, in International Affairs, Political Science, Human Rights or related discipline is preferred;
- Minimum two years of experience in democracy or human rights-related work;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint; familiarity with SharePoint a plus.
- Enthusiastic with a capacity and willingness to learn; anticipate needs by being proactive;
- Ability to handle multiple demands, prioritize and produce high-quality work under pressure;
- Authorized to work in the United States.
- Ability to work and collaborate in a team environment;
- High degree of organization and initiative;
- Excellent interpersonal relations, oral and written communication skills;
- Commitment to accuracy in all tasks, attention to details is extremely important.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org
Candidates must include a cover letter, resume, completed NED employment application, salary history with requirements, and contact information for three professional references. Please send to [email protected], with Job #1725 – Special Assistant to the Deputy for Policy and Strategy - YOUR NAME in the subject line. The NED is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For more information, please visit our website at www.ned.org. Please, no phone call inquiries. www.ned.org/NED-Full-Employment-Application.pdf