WE'RE HIRING! APPLY NOW TO BE CARI'S PROGRAM ASSISTANT.
We're seeking a highly motivated and organized PROGRAM ASSISTANT to provide administrative and budget support to the CARI program.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Providing administrative support to SAIS-CARI Director including, but not limited to:
- Managing reimbursements
- Tracking expenditures and reporting for all grants
- Reconciling of financial records
- Ordering supplies, submitting payment requests and coordinating with Accounts Payable to ensure timely payment of expenses
- Assisting with processing of all CARI contracts
- Working with the Human Resources department and the business office, as necessary, to process all stipends and salaries for students and casual employees
- Assisting with events management, primarily coordination of annual conferences, public and private roundtables, and government briefings. This includes handling room reservations, booking travel arrangements, maintaining RSVPS, organizing set-up, managing catering, processing budgeting and vendor payment requests, and organizing advertising. Work closely with events assistants to execute these tasks
- Assisting with communications and social media outreach
- Working closely with the CARI communications assistant to maintain the website, newsletter, and social media in a timely manner
- Tracking CARI and CARI research “in the news.”
- Managing regular reporting for all research grants and contracts, tracking research impact and outputs, coordinating publications from grant-funded programs
- Working on other logistical aspects of CARI’s activities and research as necessary
- Bachelor's degree required. Three years related experience preferred. Additional education may substitute for required experience.
- Computer literacy at the intermediate to expert level desired, with proficiency in using Excel. Ideal candidate should have the ability to do research on the internet and learn JHU computer programs and software systems including HopkinsOne SAP and CollegeNet. Knowledge of and/or experience with these systems is a significant plus.
- Exceptional administrative and organizational skills to work effectively in a dynamic, deadline-oriented environment that requires balancing multiple assignments simultaneously on a daily basis. The ability to prioritize is a must, and the ability to move between different and varied tasks.
- Previous work experience in grants or contract management, budgeting, and administrative support, highly desired.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and attention to detail.
- Events management experience highly desired.
- Ability to interact effectively with individuals from diverse cultures.
This position will start mid May through early June 2017. The duration of the position is one year with the possibility for renewal.
IMPORTANT: In order to qualify, you must be eligible to work in the United States.
Please apply here on the SAIS hiring website. You must enter requisition # "312786" into the search bar and create an account to apply.
Applications are due March 24, 2017 at 9:00 am EST. You must submit both a cover letter and resume/CV to be considered for the position.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*