The Health Systems Senior Advisor I provides technical leadership and supports country programs focusing on the areas of midwifery, post-abortion contraception, health system provider/site performance, and Ipas training efforts. The position shares knowledge on technical innovation, lessons learned, and best practices across regional/country teams, technical staff and externally to the field.
- Plans, organizes, and facilitates the development of trainings and workshops on high-quality comprehensive abortion care services;
- Coordinates site selection, baseline assessments, and pre-training workshop plans for selected in-country sites;
- Develops (with support from external consultants) a process to monitor and follow-up with the implementation of post-abortion services in selected sites;
- Provides technical assistance in the research, development of regulations, approval and implementation of regulations, protocols, and guides related to the implementation of the post-abortion care model;
- Prepare reports on training events and other program activities to document project progress;
- Track activities and expenses against country, program, or project budget;
- Represent Ipas at local, regional, or national meetings as requested by unit staff;
- Perform other duties as assigned;
- Internal & External Customers/Suppliers as well as Third Parties:
- Reports to Country Director in reference to workflow, deadlines, reports, and projects;
- Maintains relationships with regional service facilities and other non-profits/governments;
- Works with associates, managers, directors, and other departments in reference to reports, planning, policies, and procedures.
- Bachelor’s Degree;
- 8+ years’ experience.
- Experience conducting training and assessments;
- Experience working in a clinical environment;
- Experience working in a non-profit organiz;
- Advanced degree;
- 2 or more years of program management experience.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*