- Do you have a passion for combating violence in the world?
- Do you want to be a part of ending and preventing conflicts as part of a global movement?
- Are you familiar with project management in the non-profit sector?
- Are you eager to share your experience with us?
- Do you have ideas about how to change the world?
- Are you not afraid to take on responsibility?
If your answer to these questions is YES, then Beyond Violence needs you!
Beyond Violence is global organization which seeks to engage people across countries and continents in the promotion of non-violent conflict transformation. Through the use of Internet Communication Technology (ICT) based campaigns, we are impacting decision-makers and local actors to put down weapons and solve conflict through negotiation and dialogue.
This is not your average volunteer position. This is an opportunity to build something truly special. To get in on the ground floor of a movement. To work with a group of skilled, dedicated professionals as we take ourselves to the next level.
This requires three things most of all: time, flexibility and dedication.
- Time - because building something extraordinary takes more than a few hours a week.
- Flexibility - because in a startup organization one will be asked to wear many hats.
- Dedication - because doing great things means enduring hardships and preserving.
Note: This position is envisioned as being a self-directed, part-time commitment. If you already are working overtime every week, it will be difficult to give this position the attention it requires. The more time you are able to put into it, the more successful we will be together. You are not breaking rock; you are building a cathedral.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Conceptualizing new campaigns by identifying problems, brainstorming solutions, developing strategies, implementing actions, evaluating outputs and reporting results.
- Managing and overseeing the design, planning, implementation and evaluations of campaigns worldwide, managing several team leaders.
- Writing concept notes, action plans, reports, evaluations, etc.
- Coordinating processes for monitoring and identifying potential new campaigns.
- Pro-actively coordinating with the Executive Director and other team leaders.
- Participating in the management of the organization, including chairing weekly online Skype meetings with other team leaders and participating in twice monthly general staff meetings.
Essential Knowledge and Experience:
- Academic and/or professional background in peace and conflict studies, international relations, political science, and/or international development.
- Working knowledge of ongoing conflicts, relevant political issues and current political affairs.
- On the ground experience in a conflict area is a strong advantage.
- Practical experience in project management and development in a professional environment.
- Experience in managing teams, particularly intercultural, volunteer and/or online teams.
- Strong writing skills and experience in proposal writing.
- Creativity in how to develop and use ICTs in a campaign.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English. Knowledge of other languages is an added advantage.
- Basic computer skills including – digital communication tools (Skype, WhatsApp, e-mail, etc,) Word, Excel and the sharing of documents via the cloud – are essential. Advanced skills and knowledge an advantage.
This is a voluntary, unpaid position with work being carried out remotely.
What we offer:
- An internet-based organization that means you can work from anywhere in the world.
- Being part of an innovative and rapidly expanding movement - be part of creating change.
- Cooperation with inspiring and engaging activists and campaigners from all over the world.
- Experience in building a non-profit organization in a cooperative and intercultural environment.
- Letter of recommendation or reference to future employers.
To apply submit your CV and Cover Letter. Include “Global Campaign Manager BV 2017” in the subject line.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*