Vacancy Announcement: VA17P034V01
Deadline for applications: 05 May 2017
Start date: As soon as possible
Contract duration: 12 months with a possibility of extension
Eligible nationalities: All
The International Centre for Migration Policy Development (ICMPD), an international organisation with its headquarters in Vienna, Austria, is looking for qualified candidates to fill the above-mentioned position in its Brussels Mission.
Under the supervision of the Head of Resource Management Brussels, the Resource Management Officer will be responsible for the monitoring and control of resources of a portfolio of projects in line with established rules and contracts.
The Resource Management Officer will work in close collaboration with the programme and finance staff. S/he will train and advise ICMPD staff and partner institutions on ICMPD financial and procurement rules and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Head of Resource Management Brussels, the incumbent will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Ensuring that projects are implemented in compliance with contractual donor requirements, as well as ICMPD procedures on recruitment, procurement, travel, internal control, financial monitoring and reporting;
- Certifying eligibility of expenditures, monitoring and controlling expenditures within approved budgets;
- Reviewing supporting documentation attached to claims, invoices and requests for payment submitted by project partners, staff, consultants and suppliers/service providers;
- Supporting the formulation of project budgets, budget reallocations and revisions;
- Upon request carrying out spot project audits;
- Providing staff briefings and orientation on operational issues of project implementation;
- Preparing financial reports in compliance with established policies and procedures; preparing files for the submission to donors;
- Monitoring submission of timesheets by ICMPD staff and experts;
- Maintaining project files, recording and archiving project related documentation;
- Supporting the review of ICMPD templates and procedures;
- Supporting knowledge management and knowledge sharing processes;
- Assisting the Head of Resource Management Brussels in all the contractual and financial tasks related to the Brussels Mission administration (like HR tasks; dealing with suppliers/service providers;
- Carrying out other related tasks, as assigned.
- University degree in business administration, finance, accounting or related field is required.
- A minimum of two years of relevant work experience in operational tasks in an international organisation, in event and mission organisation and/or in procurement;
- Work experience with European Comission projects including certification of activities during implementation.
Knowledge, skills, abilities:
- Professional training in project cycle management and knowledge of EC procedures;
- Substantive knowledge of programme management procedures and European Commission rules (PRAG, Pagoda etc.) and/or procurement, budgeting and financial management procedures in international organisations;
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook);
- Knowledge of SAP or other resource management programmes would be an asset;
- Excellent oral and written command of English and French, including the ability to prepare and review contracts;
- Excellent communication skills, adaptability and flexibility;
- Good organisational skills including managing conflicting priorities and working with tight deadlines;
- Attention to detail and eagerness to work with data and statistics;
- Ability to work effectively with colleagues from different cultural and professional backgrounds;
- Good analytical and interpersonal skills.
ICMPD Core Values
- Commitment, integrity, partnership, respect, and innovation in actions and decisions.
ICMPD offers an attractive remuneration package, and participation in the ICMPD Provident Fund and Health Insurance Scheme. Additional benefits include six weeks’ annual leave and, where applicable, a dependency rate.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*