Do you want to make a difference? Join the world’s largest humanitarian network. The Canadian Red Cross Society, a not for profit, humanitarian organization dedicated to helping the most vulnerable in Canada and throughout the world, is currently seeking a Recruiter, International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC). In this position, you will be responsible for the recruitment of all ICRC Delegates from Canada for International deployment. The Recruiter will contribute to building and strengthening the ICRC recruitment process and building the ICRC delegate pool.
· Reviews and approves requisitions, drafts and ensures translation of the vacancy posting, and recommends posting locations.
· Carries out searches to identify potential candidates within the applicant tracking system.
· Reviews applications received.
· Submit potential applications received.
· Answers general inquiries from the public and internal staff on opportunities.
· Carries out screening of resumes and conducts telephone screening to recommend candidates for shortlisting.
· Carries out interviews, prepares interview materials.
· Liaises with ICRC to coordinate interviews for technical validation.
· Coordinates and reviews the quality of the competition files and ensures documentation of recruitment decisions.
· Provides regular updates and reporting to ICRC technical managers on overall recruitment status.
· Guides hiring managers through the recruitment process including the development of recruitment strategies and hiring decisions.
· Follows up on potential candidate leads and provides information and guidance on the application process to potential candidates and partner organizations.
· Develops and implements mechanisms to keep candidate in the pipeline informed and engaged.
· Ensures the quality of the updated delegate availability, profile data.
· Develops reports and tools to facilitate effective data management.
· Contributes to the maintenance of the Applicant Tracking Systems.
Qualifications and Knowledge
· Bachelor’s degree/college diploma in Business Administration or Human Resources or an equivalent combination of experience and education
· Understanding of employment legislation as it relates to the recruitment function
· CHRP designation is an asset
· Minimum three years of experience in a recruitment role.
· Experience in the use and maintenance of an applicant tracking systems and databases, preferably Taleo.
· Previous experience screening applications, coordinating recruitment processes, participating in interviews.
· Experience in providing counsel to management related to recruitment matters.
· Experience working in an international HR context a definite asset.
· Experience of reporting within a matrix managed environment with multiple management stakeholders would be an asset.
Skills and Attributes
· Professionalism and exceptional interpersonal skills to work collaboratively within a team and establish and manage productive internal and external relationships at all levels of the organization.
· Strong project management, problem solving, evaluation and analytical skills, keen attention to detail.
· Strong customer service orientation and planning, organization, priority setting and negotiation skills to manage multiple files with competing priorities.
· Superior time management skills and ability to deal with ambiguity and reprioritize tasks in response to unexpected changes in priorities/requests.
· Fluency (speaking, reading and writing) in English and French is essential.
· Computer and numerical literacy, comfort working with databases, metrics and applicant tracking systems.
· Ability to handle highly confidential and sensitive information.
· The majority of the work is performed in typical office environment.
· Ability to work non-traditional hours on short notice.
· Travel within Canada and internationally including to difficult/restricted locations may be required.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*