Internews’ Global Technology Policy and Programs team aims to engage and support local organizations, advocates, and human rights defenders around the globe to effectively advocate for an open internet in their countries.
The Global Tech Policy Seasonal Project Assistant will assist with logistical, research, and administrative support for Internews’ Global Tech Policy team. She/he will have the opportunity to gain experience in program administration, grant management, and Internews’ work to foster internet freedom advocacy organizations worldwide. This Seasonal Project Assistant position will report to the Director, Internet Policy Programs and be supervised by the Program Officer.
Essential duties and Responsibilities
- Research, writing and analysis (50%): A Seasonal Project Assistant will assist with the following tasks related to the research, writing and analysis required as part of program support:Compile research findings on ICT policy trends and developments.
- Monitor and aggregate news, research, events and opportunities related to online freedom of expression, privacy, policy and censorship.
- Support the writing of program reports and updates.
- Program Administration Support (50%): A Seasonal Project Assistant will assist with the following tasks related to administration and implementation of internet policy programs: Assist project leads with basic program implementation and coordination (i.e. data analysis, research).
- Assist with program logistics, including travel arrangements, meeting schedules and event preparations.
- Assist with contracting and sub-grant processes.
- Attend ICT and policy related events and other external meetings as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Understanding of and demonstrated commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values.
- Bachelor’s degree or current college student.
- Strong ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Background in internet freedom, media development, political science, international relations, or communications.
- Previous experience in research and compiling research findings.
- Editorial and/or copyediting experience.
This is a paid position. Applications are now being accepted for the summer of 2017, starting in May. The position is full-time and may be extended beyond August 2017, contingent on funding. Applicants must submit both a cover letter and resume to be considered for the position. Only those applicants under consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*