From September 2017, the European Union Institute for Security Studies (EUISS) is providing a limited number of paid traineeships to candidates who have obtained their Master’s degree.
The main task of trainees will be to assist the Institute’s team of Analysts under the supervision of the Public Information Officer and the Head of Administration and Personnel. Work will be primarily focused on research, while certain administrative tasks may also occasionally be entrusted to trainees.
The traineeship will be for a period of 5 months, running from the beginning of September 2017 to the end of January 2018. According to the background and experience of the selected trainees, the traineeship will be based either at the Institute’s headquarters in Paris or at the EUISS Brussels Liaison Office. Please mention your (non-binding) preference in the application.
Trainees will be awarded a stipend of €1,000 net per calendar month. Paris-based trainees will receive an additional €200 net as a cost-of-living adjustment. They are expected to be present at the Institute during normal working hours, although justified absences may be authorised. Trainees are entitled to 1.5 day’s leave per month, as well as statutory holidays.
The Institute regrets that it cannot pay for travel expenses or accommodation, nor can it assist trainees in finding accommodation in Paris or Brussels.
The deadline for applications is Wednesday, 24 May 2017, 18:00 CET. Applications received after this deadline will not be considered.
- Candidates must be citizens of an EU member state;
- Candidates must have completed at least a Master’s degree in a field related to political science, international relations, or equivalent;
- Candidates should be completely fluent in English and have a thorough knowledge of at least one other EU language;
- Candidates should ideally have work experience in a field related to security and defence or foreign policy;
- Health and accident insurance is compulsory. The EUISS does not provide such insurance. Proof of insurance must be presented to the EUISS at the latest on the first day of the traineeship and should be valid for the entire period of the traineeship.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*