Other companies make products. We make a difference! Click Here!
Promoting safe living and working environments.
UL is a global independent safety science company with more than a century of expertise innovating safety solutions from the public adoption of electricity to new breakthroughs in areas such as sustainability, renewable energy, mobile payment security and nanotechnology. Dedicated to promoting safe living and working environments, UL helps safeguard people, products and places in important ways, facilitates trade and provides peace of mind.
Develops, implements and manages products and advisory services for UL’s Responsible Sourcing group. Develops marketing plans and communications, and supports commercial teams in selling products and services related to an assigned area of expertise. Manages complex projects from initiation to closure. May have direct team management responsibilities.
- Develop, implement and manage assigned products and/or services within the Responsible Sourcing lines of business. Develop go-to-market plans including marketing and operational plans.
- Demonstrate subject matter expertise in Responsible Sourcing.
- Support commercial teams in selling products and services.
- Interact with clients to improve on product/service delivery and to ensure clients’ needs are met
- Manage the client proposal process through project scoping, delivery timeframe and pricing determination in conjunction with commercial team. The proposal process may involve complex projects and/or opportunities that involve other UL Business Units.
- Oversee the timely delivery of projects (e.g. research, consultation, reports, and assessments) that meet the clients’ needs, which may involve establishing and leading teams for successful project completion.
- Lead on-site and remote advisory services, trainings, and other consultations. Occasionally participate in field-work such as audits and assessments.
- May manage team of Specialists, either directly or through matrixed management. Develop team skills needed to implement program elements and deliver advisory services.
- Identify industry trends and new business opportunities to enhance existing and/or develop new products and/or services.
- Continually identify areas of improvement to increase productivity and efficiency of product and/or service deliverables
- As subject matter expert, participate in thought-leading activities, such as working groups, speaking engagements, and publications.
- Performs other duties as directed.
- University degree in International Relations, International Policy, Supply Chain Management, or related field; plus a minimum of four years’ work experience in social auditing, supply chain sustainability or ethical sourcing program implementation
- Demonstrated experience in service or product line development and implementation
- Demonstrated team leadership
- Ability to interact with clients to identify their needs for excellent project execution
- Ability to manage multiple projects while maintaining project quality, on-time delivery and excellent customer service
- Ability to lead teams to execute complex project deliverables consisting of multiple phases and/ or multiple products/ services
- Superior written and verbal communication skills in English
- Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative, deadline-driven environment
- Willingness to work outside local time zones
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally, and work in a multicultural environment
- Advanced skills in internet research, Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
REMOTE position - location dependent on candidate
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*