As part of the Global Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) unit at Orbis HQ, the M&E Coordinator will support the M&E team in measuring the impact of Orbis projects worldwide. S/He will play a key role in maintaining and updating the HQ M&E database system and in the preparation of presentations and reports.
REPORTING & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
This position reports to the Senior Manager, Monitoring and Evaluation and works closely with Orbis colleagues in the Program department
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS / KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
• Maintain databases, excel spreadsheets, and organizational file systems for program monitoring
• Create presentation decks and meeting agendas
• Prepare documentation and assist in development of quarterly and annual reports
• Participate in the preparation of training materials for project staff
• Assist in analysis of indicator results, and provide feedback to program colleagues indicating where project activities and interventions are falling short, meeting or exceeding the expected outputs, outcomes and impact.
• Support the validation of data in line with the M&E framework.
• Assist in the development of M&E operational tools (checklist, questionnaires, databases, interview and survey forms, etc.)
• Perform other related duties as required
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in public health, statistics, economics, international affairs or international development
• At least 1 – 2 years work experience in data management and data visualization
• Quantitative and qualitative coursework or work experience a plus
SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Very strong computer skills required. Successful candidates will have an excellent working knowledge of Excel, and have experience using databases and data analysis software
• Good strategic and analytical thinking. Ability to interpret public health and epidemiological data
• Oral and written fluency in English
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, and diplomacy skills; the ability to interact effectively in person and in writing with people of diverse cultural backgrounds
• Strong report writing skills
• Solid organizational and administrative skills
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*