Reports to the Director of International Operations & Trade Compliance in the Import Department and will work closely with Global Sourcing, Product Compliance, Quality Assurance, Legal, Accounting, Security, and Transportation to ensure compliance to all applicable rules and regulations of imported product as well as supply chain security guidelines (physical and procedural). May involve travel, domestic & international.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide compliance guidance and support for all aspects of Imports including, but not limited to, classification, country of origin determination, marking, labeling and transportation requirements in accordance to Code of Federal Regulations and all other applicable rules and regulations.
- Interface with Customs and other government agencies to ensure all imported product and customs brokerage processes comply to all applicable rules and regulations
- Perform audits and assess internal procedures to maintain status in Importer Self-Assessment program
- Execute, monitor, and report on global security initiative for Customs-Trade Partnership Against Terrorism program
- Reconcile entry discrepancies, submit post-entry adjustments, and protests as required
- Request U.S. Customs binding rulings and prepare Department of Commerce scope inquiries
- Keep updated on all U.S. Customs and other government agency compliance changes in regulations
- Maintain and develop other compliance tracking tools
- Read, analyze and interpret complex documents
- Additional duties as assigned
- Supervises staff – None
- Financial Scope – Action taken effect duties paid to government agencies
- Organizational Scope – As part of the Global Sourcing department, will need to work closely with the rest of Global Sourcing, as well as Product Compliance, Quality Assurance, Legal, Accounting, Security, and Transportation
- Decision Making – Decisions made as a team with input from other Trade Compliance Specialists with final approval provided by
- Travel – Domestic and international travel may be required.
Job Qualifications – Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in International Relations, International Business, or other related studies
- Customs broker license highly preferred
- 2 - 3 years experience preferredrequired with customs house brokerage or importer
- Must have strong working knowledge of HTSUS, CFRs, other government agencies’ regulations
- Understanding of the import process from point of origin, shipping, entry and post entry processes and procedures
- Proficiency utilizing spreadsheets to analyze large data sets
- Effective communication, verbal and written
General office environment requiring ability to:
- stand, walk, sit for extended periods of time
- speak and listen to others in person and over the phone
- use keyboard and read from computer screen and reports
- lift up to 15 lbs.
About Harbor Freight Tools
At Harbor Freight, we deliver the quality tools and affordable prices that hard-working Americans need to build, fix and create. We all work together to help them get the job done and make ends meet. We're also equally committed to doing the right thing and giving back to the communities that we serve.
Harbor Freight Tools is different, we’re not your typical retailer, we are a large company with a start-up feel that provides a collegial and collaborative environment dedicated to high achievement. We are committed to support and promote people based on their relative contribution, skill set and accomplishments and firmly believe in generous pay for performance compensation and building long-term careers.
We're a 40 year-old, $4 billion company - on pace to $8 billion in the next few years. We have over 750 stores nationwide and are opening a new one every three days. If your ego is in check, you are an open-minded partner, aren't afraid to get into the weeds to learn and understand our culture and have a desire to join our history making enterprise, then we'd love to talk to you.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*