Research and Operations Intern
The U.S. Nigeria Council for Food Security, Trade and Investment (USNC) is seeking a part-time research and operations intern to support the activities of the Council, including coordinating outreach to member companies, managing USNC materials and website, and conducting research to advance members’ strategic objectives.
The USNC is a non-profit business organization dedicated to strengthening commercial ties between the United States and Nigeria. The Council builds and supports long-term business partnerships between U.S. and Nigerian companies that drive innovation, entrepreneurship, technology transfer, job creation, and economic growth in both economies. The Council acts as a critical facilitator to help build and sustain the U.S.-Nigeria commercial relationship. With a focus on strengthening trust and relationships between U.S. and Nigerian companies and performing high-level deal-focused matchmaking, the Council offers a concierge-like service for its U.S. company members looking to do business in Nigeria and for Nigerian members seeking U.S. partners.
· Actively participate in deal-focused matchmaking between US and Nigerian companies, by identifying and researching potential partners (U.S. or Nigerian) for the Council’s members
· Respond to Council members inquiries and research requests
· Track policy issues that affect companies operating in the US and Nigeria
· Coordinate executive level delegations’ visits in Washington DC, New York, Lagos and Abuja
· Draft communications to C-Suite-level executives and high-level government officials
· Manage USNC website, communications, and membership database
· Intimate knowledge of Nigeria’s political landscape and economic situation, and how existing policies impact companies operating in the market
· Understanding of the opportunities and challenges U.S. companies face when entering and operating in the Nigerian market
· Ability to identify and understand members’ strategic objectives driving research requests
· Strong business acumen and ability to manage U.S. and Nigerian stakeholders
· Exceptional writing and research abilities, and excellent organization and networking skills
· Desire to be part of an entrepreneurial minded, fast-paced, and versatile environment
· Self-motivated and driven with a strong work ethic.
· Experience living, studying or working in Nigeria a plus
· Bachelor’s degree required (advanced degree preferred)
Please submit a resume and cover letter to [email protected]