Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Finance Manager, the Finance Officer shall do the following
Financial Analysis, Reconciliation and Reporting
- Implement FORUM-ASIA’s financial rules and regulations and accounting procedures;
- Assist the Finance Manager to produce monthly or quarterly reports on expenditure against consolidated annual budget, based on submitted quarterly or bi-annual donor reports and data on the accounts system, and to liaise with programmes to provide explanations of variances;
- Coordinate with programmes to ensure that all programme advances are cleared within stipulated time frames;
- Reconcile all transactions by comparing and correcting data;
- Assist the Finance Manager to maintain a schedule of financial reporting deadlines to donors, in close liaison with the PME Programme;
- Assist the Finance Manager and the PME Programme to ensure that financial reporting templates for all grants are set up in accordance with donor requirements, and to ensure consistency between the narrative and financial elements of reports to the donors;
- Review financial documents submitted by programmes and give feedback as necessary to improve the quality.
Budget Planning and Monitoring
- Assist the Finance Manager and programmes with budget planning and management;
- Provide financial information for monitoring purposes and where requested in a manner that can be easily understood by programmes;
- Assist the Finance Manager and the Senior Management Team (SMT) in the preparation of project budgets.
- Help develop information on relevant financial processes and procedures for ongoing projects for orientation, fundraising, and other resources for use by programme and finance staff;
- Maintain funding information systems and records, including physical and electronic files and folders, of donor contracts.
Basic Qualifications and Criteria
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in the field of finance and/or a related subject such as accounting or economics.
Selection criteria: Essential
- A minimum of three years experience in financial reporting to donors and grant-making institutions;
- Financial accounting skills;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Experience of using standard IT packages and donor database management;
- Good written and oral English communication skills;
- Ability to collaborate with others in a multicultural and demanding working environment with cross-programme coordination;
- Attention to detail;
- Ability to work under pressure, multitask and meet team deadlines;
- Strong self-motivation and ambition to deliver results to a high standard.
Selection criteria: Desirable
- Experience of planning, monitoring and reporting to EU donors;
- Experience of working in the non-profit sector with regional/international NGOs in Asia.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*