The Department of Political Science at Santa Clara University, a Jesuit, Catholic university, invites applications from well-qualified individuals to teach various undergraduate political science courses during the 2017-2018 academic year. Depending upon applicant background and curricular needs of the department, teaching assignments may include a variety of fields including Comparative Politics, Criminal Justice, International Relations, US Politics, Political Philosophy, and Public Policy. Courses may meet both major requirements and the university core curriculum. The greatest need will be in lower-division courses.
The successful candidate(s) will teach at least one and no more than two courses per quarter or four courses over the three-quarter academic year.
Salary$6,600 per courseBasic Qualifications
The following are required: Ph.D. J.D., or ABD in Political Science or relevant interdisciplinary field, teaching experience, and successful performance in an on-campus interview which may include a teaching demonstration. Practitioners with a relevant Master’s level degree may be considered for public policy courses if accompanied with previous teaching experience.
Experience teaching civic engagement, culture and ideas, experiential learning for social justice or social science methods is desirable.
1. Develop and teach courses assigned.
2. Demonstrate a command of the discipline and skill in presenting material effectively.
3. Use appropriate measures of student performance.
4. Conduct all assigned class meetings and exams.
5. Hold weekly office hours on campus.
6. Administer narrative and numeric course evaluations to students in all courses
7. Provide timely feedback to students by submitting grades to the Office of Registrar by designated deadlines.
8. Assign grades by posted deadlines that are an accurate and fair evaluation of student work.
Start Date09/01/2017Work Authorization
Santa Clara University does not sponsor any visa applications for this position. The successful candidate must be able to provide evidence of identity and legal authorization to work in the United States.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*