BRAC USA seeks a highly motivated, detail-oriented and analytical candidate to serve as Senior Associate, Finance and Administration who will report directly to the Finance and Administration Director. S/he will be based in New York and will responsible for supporting BRAC USA’s finances, human resources, and organizational management. This is a tremendous opportunity for a candidate who enjoys numbers, is able to think creatively to improve systems and wants to utilize his/her background in business, finance or accounting in a highly collaborative environment to achieve the mission and vision of BRAC USA.
- Maintain general ledger, including class allocations for donor restrictions;
- Prepare quarterly reconciliation schedules, including a reconciliation with the grant management database;
- Prepare financial reports for program teams;
- Assist in budget creation;
- Prepare for the annual external audit;
- Reconcile multiple bank and credit card accounts, and review staff expense reports and process personal expense reimbursements;
- Manage state agency charitable filings;
- Prepare 1099s and W2 forms; and
- Prepare payroll semi-monthly.
Human Resources and Administration:
- Assist with recruitment process, including advertising for positions on industry career sites and develop framework for secondary and tertiary interviews;
- Collect and organize employee paperwork;
- Maintain employee files;
- Manage staff enrollment in benefits;
- Manage a comprehensive orientation program to educate staff and interns about policies and procedures;
- Manage employee engagement initiatives, including lunch-and-learns, birthdays, and quarterly teambuilding events.
- Support office operations as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business, Economics, International Relations, or related field;
- At least 3 – 5 years of overall professional experience in accounting, finance and/or office administration, with prior nonprofit experience preferred;
- Proficiency in QuickBooks and Salesforce required, with proficiency in payment processors or similar development platforms preferred;
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, especially Excel, and Google App Suite required.
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills;
- Ability to integrate into BRAC’s culture and work respectfully with other team members in the U.S. and worldwide; and
- A successful track record in setting priorities; keen analytic, organization and problem solving skills.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*