The Pulitzer Center seeks a Campus Consortium Coordinator who is energetic and passionate about journalism and education. The coordinator must be responsible and detail-oriented, able to work independently and as a productive member of a team.
The Pulitzer Center is an award-winning non-profit journalism organization in the heart of Washington, DC. We support journalists to report on systemic global issues critically important to our understanding of the world but often ignored by mainstream media.
We work to place their stories in high-end outlets, from The Washington Post, Foreign Policy and PRI’s The World, VICE News and NPR, as well as an array of social media.
We also create innovative educational programs to connect students, teachers and the public with the print reporters, photographers, filmmakers, radio documentarians and multimedia journalists who work with us around the world. Our Campus Consortium network, now with more than 30 partners across the United States, is a growing part of those educational initiatives.
Responsibilities of the Campus Consortium Coordinator include:
· Assist in the planning of university and community outreach events, including journalist visits and workshops on college campuses
· Coordinate travel logistics related to events
· Frequently accompany journalists to campuses across the country; ensure visits run smoothly
· Document journalist visits on campuses through writing and photography
· Design promotional material for events and student fellowship opportunities
· Help build relations and expand Pulitzer Center presence on campuses, especially at community colleges and historically black colleges and universities
· Work with universities to organize student fellowship information sessions on campuses
· Assist in managing student fellow international reporting projects including record-keeping, planning travel, and editing; routinely correspond with fellows
· Coordinate the annual Student Fellow Washington Weekend
Required: B.A. (graphic design skills and familiarity with website content management a plus)
Please e-mail your application to firstname.lastname@example.org, by June 27, 2017, and write ‘Campus Consortium Coordinator’ in the e-mail subject line.
Applications should include a detailed CV, names and contact info for three references, three samples or your work, and a written statement of interest (no more than 500 words).
Your written statement should link your passions and experience to this opportunity and how you think that experience can help advance the Pulitzer Center’s mission.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*