Northrop Grumman Missile Defense and Protective Systems Division is seeking an International Trade Compliance Analyst 3 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. The position may be located in Huntsville, AL or McLean, VA.
The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Export/Import Management organization, working to ensure compliance with export laws that enhance foreign policy and protect national security.
- Manages comprehensive internal export controls to ensure compliance with US and foreign regulations (ITAR and EAR) in the conduct of international marketing, sales, supply chain and other business activities.
- Establishes and implements business plans for submitting to and obtaining from the US government all necessary export and import licenses, permits, certifications, and technology release determinations.
- Assures that transactions comply with government regulations and internal procedures by conducting gate reviews for technical data, foreign travel, foreign visits and export and import shipments.
- Proficient in commodity jurisdiction and classification determination; and making determinations regarding applicability of exceptions and exemptions.
- Maintains applicable trade compliance records in accordance with regulatory requirements and internal procedures.
- Participates in training and audit assessment programs to ensure implementation and effectiveness of internal controls.
- Exercises good judgment to seek management support and guidance as needed, including collaborating on decisions that have the potential to be high visibility or impact.
- Develops and delivers presentations, including Export General Awareness training, program/function specific export training, and program/capture export licensing strategy updates to Division leadership.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Bachelor’s degree plus 6 years of relevant experience, or Master’s degree plus 4 years relevant experience
- Working knowledge of the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and Export Administration Regulations (EAR)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills
- Demonstrate a track record of paying close attention to detail
- US citizen with ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Defense (DOD) Secret Security Clearance
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience with OCR's EASE software
- Experience with use of/authorizing ITAR exemptions and EAR exceptions
- Experienced and comfortable providing training in person or via virtual methods (e.g., LiveMeeting)
- Ability to participate in corporate-wide working groups for new procedures, regulatory changes, etc.
- Able to learn and use new web-based applications including work flows and databases
- Experience with making Jurisdiction and Classification determinations
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*