Are you interested in promoting laws in favor of civil society around the world? The Middle East/North Africa regional office of the International Center for Not-for-Profit Law, LLC is seeking a qualified attorney to serve as a full-time Legal Advisor to primarily assist with our work in Morocco as well as other projects as assigned. The Legal Advisor will be based in ICNL LLC’s Amman, Jordan office. Extensive travel is expected.
Under the supervision of the Executive Director of Middle East/North Africa regional office of ICNL LLC, the Legal Advisor will undertake the following tasks:
- Providing technical assistance, including analyses of draft legislation related to freedom of association, freedom of assembly, and public participation mechanisms;
- Designing and implementing training workshops and other capacity-building activities for government officials and civil society leaders;
- Administering and overseeing subgrants and contracts to partner organizations and consultants across the region;
- Writing and editing reports, briefing papers, and other legal and policy materials;
- Representing ICNL LLC at regional meetings, workshops, seminars, and conferences;
- Drafting funder-required quarterly activity and financial reports;
- Proposal writing and fundraising activities; and
- Other duties and travel as assigned.
- Law degree from an accredited school, together with at least five years of professional legal experience.
- Spoken and written fluency in Arabic and English; professional proficiency in French is highly preferred.
- Willingness to travel extensively.
- Excellent legal research, analysis, writing, and presentation skills.
- Experience organizing and conducting trainings and workshops.
- Experience with project strategy, design, and management preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience working with civil society, government, or an international organization in the Middle East/North Africa is preferred.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. A cover letter and CV should be sent to [email protected]. Be sure to reference “Legal Advisor- MENA” in the subject line. Please include salary history for the last two years and contact information for three references.
Only finalists will be contacted - no phone calls please. For more information about ICNL, please visit www.icnl.org