This position is part of the Global Business Development (GBD) team, which is a team within the Development Department. The Global Business Development Analyst, Corporations and Foundations (CF) reports to the Global Business Development Manager and is responsible for driving the GBD team's strategy for the low-level and unmanaged CF donor segment while supporting the GBD-CF team and CF Resource Group. This position works closely with Room to Read's Marketing & Communications team, Regional Fundraising teams, and individual Relationship Managers as needed.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Corporations and Foundations Fundraising
- Lead strategy, development and implementation of the low-level and existing unmanaged CF donor segment to achieve a minimum of $300,000 in revenue per year.
- Work with other members of the GBD team and the Marketing and Grants and Publications teams to execute email and online communications to engage donors and cultivate new relationships. This may include monthly updates to existing donors, quarterly outreach to unmanaged donors, an annual end-of year-campaign, and other tools and resources
- Edit and customize materials to support growth in strategic and emerging markets
- Develop distribution and implementation strategy for materials across various regional markets
- Research and cultivate low-level and unmanaged CF donors to identify upgrades and expand revenue pipeline
- Manage inquiries from prospective CF donors
- Lead the development of global CF fundraising materials, including partnership case studies, fact sheets, and brochures
- Coordinate the team's use of peer-to-peer platform and serve as global point of contact for employee fundraising campaigns run on this platform.
- Coordinate the team's use of Salesforce by entering new contacts, maintaining accurate donor records, entering grant proposal and report details, as well as pulling and analyzing regular reports to gain insight into donor patterns.
- Provide support for GBD-CF Relationship Managers on quick turn-around assignments including concept notes, proposals, reports, responding to donor questions and developing PowerPoint presentations/pitch decks
- Help update and maintain the corporate section of the website, including working with Marketing and Communications to include relevant corporate information, partnership profiles, and opportunities for support.
- Manage administrative tasks including data entry, filing, creating PowerPoint slides/meeting materials, scheduling and taking notes at team meetings, and completing team expense reports.
- Support ad-hoc duties of Global Business Development team as necessary
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- 1-2 years prior experience working in a fast-paced office environment
- Experience in customer service, both for internal (colleagues) and external (donors) clients
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities simultaneously, take initiative and ensure follow through
- Have a results-oriented and go-getter attitude
- Highly organized with excellent attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English with the ability to adjust communication style based on the audience
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Adept at using Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Legally able to work in the United States; no sponsorship provided
- Experience supporting a busy team
- Experience working with Salesforce
- Experience working in the non-profit space and/or in client relationship management
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*