The Alliance of Liberals and Democrats for Europe Party (ALDE Party) is the European political family, bringing together parties with common liberal, democrat and reform ideas from more than 30 European countries. Its role is to strengthen the liberal democrat movement throughout Europe, define a common political vision and communicate it effectively to European citizens.
The Brussels-based Secretariat of the ALDE Party supports its activities, organises its meetings, manages its external communication, facilitates European policy development and networking amongst liberal parties.
To support the work of the ALDE Party Events & Fundraising Unit, we are now seeking a Brussels based: Events & Fundraising Policy Officer.
As Policy Officer, you will work in the Events & Fundraising Unit to maintain an overview of all policy developments, at both a European and a national level, pertinent to the fundraising goals and upcoming events of the ALDE Party.
You will monitor developments, prepare briefings, attend meetings with relevant stakeholders alongside the Head of Events & Fundraising, assist in planning and delivering event programmes, and contribute to all aspects of the work of the Events & Fundraising Unit.
This role will give you the opportunity to put your knowledge of policy to use in a dynamic European political environment in an outward-facing role to a wide variety of political and industry stakeholders. It will also provide hands-on experience of the functioning of a political party as a fundraising and events-organising entity.
- Monitoring policy developments at European and national level on a wide variety of files;
- Building and maintaining relationships with policy advisers at European and national level;
- Shaping background policy work to meet aims of external stakeholders to fulfil Party fundraising aims;
- Proactive policy input on events programmes, assistance shaping event content;
- Putting together briefings, background notes, and other documents in a variety of contexts;
- Coordinating of policy-focused meetings and events;
- Providing high-quality written policy-content for a variety of fundraising and communication campaigns;
- Attending external stakeholder meetings and managing their interactions during ALDE Party events;
- Support to Political Unit on European Women’s Academy Project;
- Additional assistance to the Head of Events & Fundraising as required.
- A young, dynamic, and professionally enriching international working environment;
- A role in which the candidate will be offered multiple opportunities for development and learning;
- A competitive salary package;
- Some travel around Europe.
- Broad and in-depth understanding of current and ongoing European policy issues essential;
- Understanding of European Institutions, national parliaments, their regulatory environments essential;
- University degree in a relevant field essential;
- In-depth understanding of the Brussels lobbying environment a significant advantage;
- Experience of event organisation a significant advantage;
- Fluency in spoken and written English essential, other languages an advantage;
- Ability to produce clear, concise, insightful written content based on research for a variety of contexts;
- Pro-active and responsive with ability to quickly understand tasks and situations;
- Efficiency, strong work ethic, attention to detail, and a highly organised, practical approach;
- Social skills with ability to network with a variety of political and corporate stakeholders;
- Affinity with and interest in the aims and values of the European liberal family an advantage.
To apply, please send a CV and letter of motivation by Thursday 7 September at 17:00 CEST, mentioning the vacancy reference “Policy Officer” in the subject line.
Start date anticipated end September-beginning October.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*