Friendship Ambassadors Foundation is a nonprofit organization formally associated with the UN Department of Information with UNESCO & ECOSOC consultative statues. Our nonprofit brings together people from around the world through transformative, intercultural exchanges, youth leadership programming, and humanitarian volunteer service projects. These programs often focus on the arts or service related to UN development goals, while building friendships, advancing mutual understanding, global cooperation, and sustainable development through cultural tourism, worldwide.
Our signature program, the Youth Assembly at the United Nations, is a unique platform created to foster dialogue and generate partnerships between exceptional youth, UN high officials and staff, private sector, and civil society. Lear more at www.youthassembly.nyc
About the Job: Youth Assembly Program Specialist
We are looking for an outgoing and professional candidate with strong initiative and organization skills to join our organization on a part time bases with the possibility of becoming a full time employee. The preferred candidate would need to have previous experience with conference planning, program creating, and a bachelor’s degree in International Relations, or fields such as marketing, education, business management or non-profit management. The start date is immediate.
- Develop and plan the programing for the Winter and Summer Youth Assembly.
- Work closely with Youth Development, Logistic, Registration and Communication team to ensure that all aspects of the program planning are done in a timely manner, within the budget, and with the highest quality.
- Liaise with the Youth Assembly speakers and presenters to ensure that their proposals are submitted on time and their panels/workshops are well prepared.
- Engage, cultivate and expand various sponsorships and UN lead endorsers.
- Oversee interns before the Youth Assembly and volunteers during the Youth Assembly.
- Provide oversight and proactively troubleshoot any emerging problems during Winter and Summer Youth Assembly.
- Prepare thank-you notes to speakers, sponsors, and key partners after the event.
- With the FAF team prepare the Outcome Document that will go to various missions and the President of the General Assembly.
- Conduct post-event evaluation and debriefs to determine how future events can be improved.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- This position reports directly to the Executive Director
- Relationships with UN agencies a plus
- Background and experience with management, programming and hospitality a plus
- Solid listening skills with ability to synthesize ideas, and obtain cooperation from others and transform those ideas into action
- Great communication and writing skills with emphasis on ability to present ideas clearly and concisely.
- Exceptional collaboration skills and ability to engage with a wide variety of individuals at all levels and in different positions.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize
- Detail oriented with strong commitment to providing prompt responses to inquiries and requests until tasks are completed.
- High level of organization and problem-solving skills with solid understand on how to manage multiple priorities
- Excellent computer skills
- Charismatic and self-motivated
- Committed to maintaining a professional appearance and demeanor at all times
Please send cover letter and resume to Ms. Biana Kovic, Executive Director by emailing below.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*