Transparency International (TI) is the global civil society organisation leading the fight against corruption. In collaboration with more than 100 chapters worldwide and an international secretariat in Berlin, Germany, TI raises awareness of the damaging effects of corruption and works with partners in government, business and civil society to develop and implement effective measures to tackle it.
The Research team supports the achievement of the TI movement’s goals through the delivery of global research products and by developing new, cutting-edge research approaches. We are seeking a Research Coordinator to deliver the most well-known of TI’s global research tools – the Corruption Perception Index (CPI). She/he will be responsible for producing the CPI results, ensuring quality control processes are completed, communicating the results to the movement, and publicising the results via annual launches. In addition, she/he will be responsible for developing and delivering research approaches related to Open Data/ Big Data Analytics for anticorruption. As required, the role will also provide research support to various quantitative/index multi-country projects and a variety of organisational tasks.
Main function: The Research Coordinator contributes to the TI research portfolio by taking part in specified aspects of research project management, delivery of research tools, monitoring and quality control, and the production of publications and other outreach materials.
- Actively contribute to a small research team; help develop, deliver and effectively use the CPI and other key research tools; conduct quality control processes, write up findings/research reports, communicate results to diverse audiences
- Further the use of Open Data/ Big Data Analytics by Transparency International to advance anticorruption objectives; identify new research approaches, write winning project proposals, and deliver on new projects
- Help develop and use MEL frameworks for TI research tools, and engage the Movement to monitor the effectiveness of TI research outputs
- Identify and work with networks/leading organisations engaged in research on corruption and anti-corruption governance
- Help maintain TI advisory groups on key TI-S research and corruption measurement tools
- Deliver trainings to the Movement and build capacity on the use of TI research tools
- Engage with the Movement to monitor the effectiveness of TI research outputs and track the changing needs for training in use of research tools and research findings
- Develop materials for public outreach, support representation of TI publicly in selected policy fora
- Help identify new sources of funding and write fundraising proposals
- Masters or equivalent in a relevant field of the social sciences, such as political science, sociology, economics, public administration or a related field, with an academic emphasis on research
- Minimum 3-5 years of professional experience in relevant fields
- Substantive experience in research management in a multi-country/international setting
- Strong knowledge and experience of quantitative research methodologies and data analysis (T-tests, Factor Analysis, and Regression); previous knowledge and experience of research using Open Data, Big Data analytics, or qualitative research an advantage
- Extensive experience cleaning and merging complex datasets
- Excellent knowledge of the statistical software package STATA, MS Office (incl. Excel) and related applications required
- Solid writing, editing and communications skills, particularly in making research accessible to diverse audiences
- Experience in providing training, technical assistance and quality control on applied research projects, preferably in a multi-country/comparative context
- Demonstrated organisational and project management skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work in a team as well as independently
- Fluency in written and spoken English, additional languages (in particular French and/or Spanish) an asset
- Proven commitment to social justice issues and commitment to Transparency International’s values
Qualified candidates should submit, preferably via email, a cover letter and CV in English (in one pdf-file). Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*