- SAIC is seeking a National Security Policy/Organizational and Management Analyst to perform studies and analyses and provide knowledge management support on-site in the Pentagon.
- The candidate will support the Deputy Chief Management Officer (DCMO), Directorate for Organizational Policy and and Decision Support (OP&DS) in the Office of Secretary of Defense (OSD) with a portfolio of major Departmental activities to include assisting with tracking, supporting, and/or assessing strategic documents, senior leader decision making bodies, implementation of organizational adjustments, and institutionalization of management reform initiatives.
- The candidate’s duties will include interacting and building relationships with various DoD Components to gather information on status of strategic intiatives; compiling and analyzing data; authoring of technical papers; support to briefings and task development; and preparing reports for senior leadership.
- We are looking for an individual who has superior analytic, research, and technical writing skills, and who is poised, articulate, and comfortable working with senior government officials.
- This position also requires the ability to utilize, configure, and maintain knowledge management/decision support tools, in particular MS SharePoint, in order to track strategic actions and fora. These activities may require engagement with senior military and civilian leaders within OSD and the broader DoD environment.
- Many of the tasks will be quick-turn and will require the ability to rapidly synthesize complex information.
- The candidate shall provide support analyzing the Plannng, Programming, Budgeting and Executive (PPBE) process, congressional authorization and appropriations legislation, and development of DoD Policy Directives.
- Master’s Degree preferred with BA/BS in Political Science, National Security Affairs, International Relations, International Economics, or a related field.
- Required Experience/Skills:
- This position requires 1-3 years experience with the Department of Defense and fundamentally requires an open and creative mind, the ability to conduct rigorous analysis with limited oversight from senior management, and the ability to present difficult concepts in simple terms.
- Candidates must have in-depth familiarity with Service- and/or OSD-level strategy, policy, or resource allocation processes as a result of previous government and/or private sector assignments.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required together with proficient research and analytical skills.
- Candidates must be committed to exceptional client service and professionalism while working at the client site. Experience in MS Office applications and online research tools is mandatory.
- Extensive background and training in the application of various knowledge management and collaborative tools including the use of MS SharePoint is required.
- Ability to work in a dynamic government work environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to problem-solve in a time-constrained environment and to take initiative and work independently as appropriate.
- Ability to prioritize tasks through strong organizational skills as well as to lead both individuals and teams.
- No travel anticipated
- Active DoD Secret clearance required
- Military Base access required (Pentagon)
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*