Asian American LEAD Youth Leadership Empowerment and Development (AALEAD) is a youth development organization. Our mission is to support low-income and underserved Asian Pacific American youth with educational empowerment, identity development, and leadership opportunities through after school, summer, and mentoring programs. For more information, please visit our web site at www.aalead.org.
The AALEAD Development and Communications Intern will have the opportunity to work and develop basic competencies in various aspects of AALEAD’s communication and development plan and implementation. This internship will focus on skills related to marketing, public relations, fundraising, communications, and non-profit management. The intern reports to the AALEAD Development and Communications Manager.
This internship starts immediately. Schedule and length of internship is flexible and can be arranged with the Development and Communications Manager.
- Develop materials for digital and printed media to promote the work of AALEAD
- Assist staff in coordinating the release and distribution of digital and printed materials
- Assist staff in researching potential donors, funding sources, and strategic partners
- Assist with mailings, filings, database input, and special projects as needed
- A presentation of internship experience is required during an all- staff meeting at the end of internship
- Commitment and enthusiasm to the mission of Asian American LEAD
- Familiarity with various digital media platforms
- Desire to learn about fundraising and philanthropy
- Familiarity to the needs of refugee and immigrant children and families
- Strong attention to details and ability to work independently
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Openness to learning and growing within the internship experience
Recommended (not required)
- Internship or volunteer experience in public relations, fundraising and/ or marketing
- Undergraduate (junior or senior) or graduate student in public relations, marketing, communications, nonprofit management or other related field
- Proficiency in any of the following: Word Press, InDesign, Photoshop, Google Analytics
To apply, send a resume, cover letter and availability to Freidricka Camille, Community College and Internship Programs Coordinator. Use “Communications and Development” in the subject line.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*