Job Title: Senior Development Officer
Reports to: Executive Director
Position Type: Full Time
Israel Policy Forum is a not-for-profit education and advocacy organization dedicated to supporting pragmatic policies to advance and ultimately achieve a lasting two-state solution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, consistent with Israel's security.
Israel Policy Forum has an exciting opportunity for an organized and motivated fundraiser to further IPF’s development goals and to support the Executive Director’s fundraising activities. The Senior Development Officer will be charged with managing activities focused on engaging individual donors, researching and cultivating new prospects and implementing fundraising systems.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· In partnership with the Executive Director, develop and implement clear short term and long-term plans for individual donors that are both realistic and challenging
· Establish strong relationships with Board members and donors
· Cultivate and solicit a portfolio of individual donors as indicated
· Ensure regular and seamless donor communications, including an annual communications calendar
· Implement donor cultivation events and appropriate follow-up
· Develop and manage a prospect pipeline
· Create and manage a donor data entry system, including individual moves management protocols and acknowledgments
· Promulgate an organization-wide culture of philanthropy.
· Minimum 4-6 years soliciting and closing individual gifts
· Passion for IPF’s mission and work
· Demonstrated success in prospecting, fundraising and stewardship of individual donors
· Track record of creative problem-solving, setting and meeting goals and deadlines
· Rigorous attention to detail and demonstrated ability to work on multiple tasks
· Ability to work both independently and as part of a fast-moving team
· Event planning experience
· Excellent writing, speaking and interpersonal skills
· Experience with donor data systems
· Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree preferable.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Please submit a resume and cover letter to [email protected]