The Press Officer is at the disposal of the Members of the S&D Group in the European Parliament and will be responsible for diverse tasks related to the activities of the Group, such as:
- Identification of press-relevant topics and proposing media initiatives and communication initiatives;
- Drafting of press releases for S&D Members and their activities in line with the Group priorities;
- Briefing of journalists and organisation of interviews and various press events;
- Regular contact with the Brussels press corps as well as Eastern European and International press;
- Close cooperation with the various media teams of the unit and the S&D Press and Communications Department;
- Good writing and drafting skills and editing of articles and op-eds for publication in the press;
- Regular provision of material for the S&D Group´s website;
- Follow press-relevant national political developments in Eastern Europe for the S&D Group.
- be a national of an EU member state;
- must have a diploma certifying successful completion of at least three year’s university studies and subsequent professional experience of at least two years;
- good writing and drafting skills and editing of articles and op-eds for publication in the press;
- very good knowledge of Community mechanisms and European institutions, in particular a good knowledge of European political systems and Eastern European political systems in particular.
Knowledge of languages:
- For working purposes, a thorough knowledge of English and/or French is required;
- Knowledge of other official languages of the European Union will be taken into account in particular Eastern European languages.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*