Salary: USD $62,602 (plus benefits)
Vacancy type: Term/Indeterminate/Emergency
The position has a specified period of employment of two years, with the possibility of a term extension or a change in status to indeterminate based on operational needs. This competitive staffing process may be used to create an eligibility list of qualified candidates for this position with various tenures, including indeterminate, term, assignment/transfer, and/or acting opportunities at the Consulate General of Canada in New York, which might arise in the 12 months following the completion of this competition.
Summary of position:
Under the supervision of the Head of Advocacy and Communications, with guidance from the Senior Advocacy and Communications Strategist, the incumbent supports the delivery of advocacy strategies by designing and implementing products used in advocacy campaigns online and in print; responds to internal client requests for design related advice; supports the management of CNGNY’s media and social media presence; provides research and communications support to CNGNY and sections therein; develops knowledge of GoC & Global Affairs Canada (GAC) communication policies and electronic tools; develops and maintains a current and thorough knowledge and understanding of GAC’s approach to promoting Canada’s interests in the United States and the CNGNY territory as they relate to design and print and digital advocacy messaging; provides digital advocacy support within the FPDS section and CNGNY; and performs other duties as necessary.
Candidates must demonstrate clearly in their letter, how they meet the Education and Experience qualifications listed below. Please be specific and provide examples for each of the qualifications.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in a field related to the duties required by the position (such as Digital Media, Design, Communications or Public Policy) or a degree from a recognised university and a minimum of three years of relevant work experience.
1. Minimum of two years’ experience working in digital media and design, including in preparing digital/social medial and design content.
2. Experience in graphic design including visual ideation, layout design and typography.
3. Recent experience in developing relationships and building online communities.
4. Recent experience in working Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel, internet research and databases.
5. Recent experience in working with PC or Mac-based desktop publishing software, applications and mobile platforms
Candidates who meet the Education and Experience requirements will be assessed on the following qualifications. The assessment may include a written test, an interview, an in-basket exercise, a skills test, and/or reference checks.
1. Experience in preparing communications materials (print and digital/social media design products) for advocacy campaigns, outreach strategies and events.
2. Experience conducting research and analysis on digital/social media and prepare analytical reports and recommendations.
3. Experience in identifying, building and maintaining networks of key online influencers.
4. Experience in project management (including planning, tracking/reporting results and budget management).
5. Experience working in an innovative manner with individuals or groups to facilitate partnerships and cross-sector initiatives.
1. Technical knowledge working with PC or Mac-based desktop publishing software, applications and mobile platforms:
a. Creative editing software such as the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Dreamweaver and Acrobat);
b. Equipment including video/photographic cameras, mobile and audio devices;
c. Digital/social media tools including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn;
d. Digital Campaign and database tools such as Nationbuilder and Meltwater.
1. Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing;
2. Ability to manage multiple priorities with tight deadlines;
3. Ability to network and maintain a network of clients and influencers;
4. Ability to conceive and propose ideas;
5. Ability to work independently in a proactive manner and accountable manner; and
6. Ability to work effectively in a team.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*