Position Summary & Responsibilities
The Senior Communications Officer will help achieve the Foundation’s goals in US education by deploying sophisticated media relations, editorial planning, and content creation skills. S/he will work both with Foundation leadership voices and with grantees and partners. Requires creativity, determination, and energy, as well as strong media relations and writing skills. Experience in strategic planning and measuring impact a must.
Specific responsibilities include
- Strategic planning for earned media on behalf of key US priorities;
- Coordination and engagement with colleagues across Foundation; grantees, and other partners;
- Execution of sophisticated media engagement strategy to drive coverage of key issues and Foundation priorities.
- Coordination of communications priorities and activities, maintaining of communications calendar;
- Collaboration with colleagues on around communications campaigns and other key inflection points.
- Creation of written and other materials for internal and external use;
- Generator of creative ideas to amplify key themes and drive positive coverage of and progress toward Foundation priorities.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required;
- 10+ years in communications, experience in non-profit, advocacy, or political communications;
- Strong experience in media planning and media relations;
- Strong experience in communications planning and editorial management;
- Sophisticated understanding of audience targeting and tools for measuring.
- Experience in or familiarity with US domestic policy, particularly education;
- Exceptional written and verbal communications;
- Ability to work efficiently and collaboratively under tight timelines;
- Experience working across teams with a variety of stakeholders.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*