The College of Europe is seeking applications for the position of Director of Studies (50% of a full-time position) for the Department of European Economic Studies, Bruges Campus starting from the academic year 2018-2019, and beginning on 15 August 2018.
- Demonstrated academic leadership and research and teaching capabilities in the field of European Economic Studies;
- Ph.D. in Economics;
- A solid record of publications in reputed journals in the field of economics and, more specifically, issues dealing with European Economic Integration and Policies;
- A good knowledge of the European Union, its institutions and its policies;
- The capacity to work in an international environment;
- A very good command of English and French (spoken and written).
- The management and the development of the European Economic Studies Department and Programmes under the authority of the Rector of the College and within the guidelines set by the Academic Council. Further information on the Programmes is available on the website: https://www.coleurope.eu/study/ma-european-economic-studies-mees;
- Teaching of the core course on European Economic Integration and one other course to be determined;
- Supervision of a limited number of Master’s theses;
- Membership of the Academic Council of the College.
- Competitive package based on senior academic remuneration levels in the Belgian higher education system with travel and accommodation benefits;
- The appointment will be for three years (renewable);
- The appointment requires presence in Bruges at least every other week during the academic year equivalent to a 50% full-time position.
Applications comprising a detailed curriculum vitae, a list of publications and courses taught as well as two letters of reference, should be submitted at the latest on 16 October 2017 to Professor Jörg Monar, Rector, College of Europe by e-mail to [email protected].
Should you require any further information on this position, please contact Professor Eric de Souza ([email protected]).
For information on the contract conditions, please contact Mrs Isabelle Hillewaere ([email protected]).
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*