We are looking for a creative and digitally savvy intern to bolster Social Impact communications. The ideal candidate is knowledgeable about global development, an enthusiastic communicator, and interested in the monitoring and evaluation sector.
This is a paid internship at $10/hour. The Communications intern must be available for at least 20 hours per week minimum, Monday through Friday, on a mutually agreeable schedule.
- Writing, maintaining, and editing content for our website.
- Developing content for social media and helping grow our social engagement.
- Help create visual communications products including data visualization, infographics, photography/photo editing.
- Collaborate with SI departments on production and design of promotional materials.
- Additional support tasks as needed.
- BA in international development, journalism, communications or related field strongly preferred.
- Excellent writing and editing capabilities.
- Experience with WordPress and google analytics strongly preferred.
- Experience with editing and creating graphics in Adobe Photoshop and InDesign desired.
- Experience with developing social media content and strategy on Twitter and Facebook.
- Willingness to take direction, as well as proactively provide design and communication ideas.
- Ability to work independently and on a team, with strict deadlines.
- Knowledge of public relations and media is a plus.
- Interest in international development and communications and public relations.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*