This position is within the Ethics and Compliance Group in the legal department of Western Digital and reports to the Director of Trade Compliance.
Location: Milpitas/San Jose or Irvine
- Facilitate and ensure compliance with the Export Administration Regulation (EAR), and foreign government agencies.
- Meet with product development teams to understand and research developing technologies and products for the purpose of export classification and license determination.
- Research and classify software, hardware, and technology and submit classification requests and/or applications for licenses to relevant government agencies for all.
- Provide guidance to Operations teams as needed for export and import issues, including ECCN and HTS classifications.
- Work with HR and Trade Operations to review foreign national candidates and submit export license applications to the Department of Commerce.
- Develop and execute Export Compliance Awareness trainings in cooperation with Ethics and Compliance training coordinator and other trade compliance team members.
- Maintain all export compliance records in compliance with the company’s record retention policy.
- Collaborate with various business functions (tax, legal, engineering, NPI, and Supply Chain) to understand needs and build integrated, upstream and forward-looking trade compliance processes.
- Maintain and improve Export Compliance Program manual.
- Bachelor degree in international business, international relations, international trade, law degree or a related degree and/or relevant experience.
- Technical post graduate degree or work experience a plus.
- Strong working knowledge of the Export Administration Regulations, especially Categories 3 and 5.
- Working knowledge of other country licensing regulations and regimes (e.g. Russia, Israel, Malaysia, Hong Kong).
- Experience with the SAP, Global Trade Services (GTS) module and/or Oracle GTM module.
- Experience in creating & maintaining documentation of Export Compliance controls & processes.
- Experience creating and providing trainings and presentations.
- Willingness to roll up sleeves to get things done as required.
- Experience working with engineering teams, R&D teams and product development systems (e.g. Agile).
- Ability to interface and work well with relevant Government agencies.
- Ability to refine and develop processes to gather the information necessary to classify the products.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to adapt in a rapidly changing environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*