RICS promotes and enforces the highest professional qualifications and standards in the development and management of land, real estate, construction and infrastructure.
Our talented team are our driving force. We influence policy makers worldwide to achieve consistent standards that protect consumers and promote sustainability for future generations.
Best Companies has recognised RICS with its top 3 Star accolade as a best not-for-profit organisation to work for.
The post holder will be required to review regulatory information and intelligence in order to monitor compliance, identify and manage risk and escalate issues of non-compliance for investigation.
The successful candidate will need to engage regularly with various senior internal and external stakeholders, interacting with the regulated community, in order to gather information and best practice ideas.
- Experience of reviewing/auditing complex information and files within a regulatory or compliance environment;
- Ability to write reports on matters of risk, demonstrating objectivity and clear outcome-focused actions;
- Strong investigative, analytical and problem solving skills, demonstrating attention to detail and robust decision making in all actions;
- Excellent communication skills and ability to present complex issues in a clear and concise manner at all levels across a variety of mediums delivered in an audience appropriate tone and style;
- Self-motivated to stay abreast of changes and trends in the field, both legislative and policy;
- Strong understanding of customer service excellence to include call handling skills;
- Experience of working with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook);
- Experience of working in an environment where priorities may change, championing a positive attitude and striving for continuous improvement;
- Ability to learn and develop, take on new responsibilities and adopting a flexible, pragmatic approach to work;
- Experience of working autonomously and under direction, collaborating as part of a functional and/or cross-functional team;
- Strong work management skills and the ability to consistently perform against targets and Key Performance Indicators;
- Ability to work with tact, diplomacy, professionalism and discretion at all times.
- Ensure general workload is managed efficiently and in accordance with time and quality measures, including Key Performance Indicators;
- Ensure all enquiries from Members are managed efficiently and effectively and in accordance with corporate style;
- Support the department with critical work areas when required;
- Manage the expectations of all stakeholders to ensure maximum customer focus at all times;
- Other functions commensurate with grade.
- Fluent in English and French or Dutch with at least one other European language;
- Relevant experience in a regulatory, risk and compliance or professional services environment;
- A good awareness and understanding of the surveying profession: the main participants in the market, firms' operating models, their processes and culture and financial and economic drivers;
- Evidence of devising, implementing and delivering against, effective strategic and operational plans and processes;
- Strong and credible personal and influencing skills, and evidence of networking effectively and building relationships with key and challenging stakeholders;
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and ability to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders;
- Experience of operating autonomously and collaborating as part of cross functional team;
- An ability to analyse large amounts of complex information, make clear judgements based on relevant risk and business considerations, in order to identify key issues and appropriate solutions.
- Good knowledge of the surveying or property profession and the RICS’ Regulations and Rules of Conduct against which the key regulatory risks in the regulation of surveying services are assessed;
- Willingness to learn and develop, taking on new responsibilities and adopting a flexible, pragmatic approach to work;
- Master’s Degree and above;
- At least 3 years of experience.
The RICS way
Our culture is led by three values: Professional, Influential and Enterprising. Supporting these are behaviours which guide the way we work:
- Stay curious, be enterprising, innovate and find opportunities;
- Act with integrity, be honest and open to feedback and scrutiny;
- Champion RICS and take pride in who we are and what we do;
- Be the solution and look ahead for potential issues;
- Be supportive, and act as a team and build strong relationships;
- Take responsibility and influence others;
- Provide excellent service, strive to exceed expectations and pre-empt issues.
RICS is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We encourage qualified candidates from a wide array of backgrounds to apply because we know that it's the differences in our people that make the difference to our performance.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*