The Middle East Broadcasting Networks, Inc. (MBN) is seeking a Show Host for our Current Affairs Team at our Headquarters office in Springfield, VA. MBN is a non-profit grantee of the federal government that directly communicates with the people of the Middle East and North Africa through television, radio, and digital media. MBN's mission is to provide objective, accurate, and relevant news and information to the people of the Middle East about the region, the world, and the United States in support of U.S. public diplomacy.
The Show Host works with Producer to plan programs and guests based on current events, issues and areas of concern. Research topics and prepare background materials for programs
The primary duties and responsibilities of the Show Host include, but are not limited to:
- Providing a platform for knowledgeable discussion via thorough research of subject matter.
- Writing show introduction scripts in coordination with show producer based on chosen topics
- Researching and crafting probing questions for guests interviewed
- Assisting with writing, publishing and maintaining current content on social media platform
- Performing off air production related tasks.
- Assisting in determining show topics and content as directed by the Senior Producer.
- Acting as moderator during on-air debates between guests.
- Conducting effective interviews with guests.
- Progressing the program from start to finish with execution in a timely and technically excellent fashion.
- Maintaining composure on-air.
- Maintain strong knowledge of issues that affect the MENA Region and the United States.
- Bachelor’s Degree in journalism or broadcast journalism (preferred)
- 3-5 years television hosting experience
- Must be skilled and experienced in interviewing newsmakers.
- Strong on-camera presence and personality required to present news material.
- Background and interest in a wide variety of topics and areas concerning the Middle East and international affairs.
- Excellent Modern Standard Arabic verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate solid news judgment
- Effective time-management skills
- Skilled reader, with an ability to handle on-air problems.
- Ability to work well and in a professional under pressure and tight deadlines
- Ability to communicate in English.
- Knowledge of journalistic ethics and libel laws
- Must be able to accommodate flexible work schedule to support 24/7 news environment. This may require overnight coverage.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*