Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
Job Objective: The Global Security Operations Center (GSOC) Team Lead, under the guidance of the GSOC Supervisor, is responsible for supporting shift activities while monitoring the security of Corning’s employees, facilities, and property worldwide. The purpose of this position is to enable the GSOC Coordinators to execute services with a high level of quality. The primary functions will include operational service continuity, process adherence, alignment to the Mission and Vision, and tactical leadership within the team. During peak service demand, the Team Lead will also assist with day-to-day transactional duties when needed.
Daily Responsibilities: Professionally represent Corning Incorporated and the Global Security Division by performing duties including, but not limited to:
• Working rotating shifts 24/5, directly monitoring day-to-day operations in the GSOC
• Coaching and mentoring GSOC Coordinators
• Leading shift pass down • Providing first line escalation
• Ensuring operations and incident responses align with Corning GSOC standard operating procedures and Corning Global Security priorities
• Training of GSOC Coordinators • Assisting with GSOC service development and change management • Reviewing metrics, progress and after action reports
• Completing process and program audits
Required Education & Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree with 2+ years’ experience in a related field (Business/Political Science/International Relations)
• Or Associate degree with 4+ years’ experience in a related field
• Leadership and coaching ability
• Sound operational judgment
• Total dedication to customer service
• Strong team player with a professional interpersonal style
• Superior telephone and face-to-face verbal communication skills, including experience clarifying information in a friendly and positive manner
• Aptitude for clear and effective writing under time-sensitive conditions
• Ability to establish priorities, multitask, work independently, and complete objectives in a fast-paced and demanding work environment
• Must maintain a high degree of confidentiality
• Flexibility to work all shifts and a willingness to work scheduled and unscheduled overtime
• Comfortable in a high-tech work environment, with constant learning of new tools and processes
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint
• Formal call center experience
• Broad geopolitical awareness, knowledge of international events, and cultural sensitivity
• Experience conducting research and acquiring and analyzing data
• Technical writing experience • 2nd language – Mandarin, Korean, German, French, Spanish or Portuguese
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or veteran status or any other legally protected status.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*