A well-established advocacy and lobbying organization with a focus on international affairs is looking to engage a Communications Associate in a temporary position. We are looking to start someone in this role as soon as possible, and we expect the engagement will come to a close in mid- to late-March or early April.
Most work will be in support of the organization's annual conference, which will be held in Washington, DC in early March. The conference will welcome more than 15,000 participants, from all 50 states and all over the world. Guests and speakers have historically included world leaders, among them heads of state.
We are excited to meet over-achieving professionals who are organized and detail-oriented, and who can clearly demonstrate that they bring highly relevant skills and experience gained through the undergraduate study of communications/public policy/political science/journalism and/or between one and five years of ongoing, communications-oriented work experience. The person in this role will join a small, highly effective and efficient communications team that has terrific leadership and a broad mandate. S/he will work very closely with members of the Communications team and other departments across the organization to fulfill a range of communications goals.
Brainstorm Creative Resources has supported this client for more than ten years and we have helped them identify many amazing people for a wide variety of full-time, temporary and project-oriented roles. We can provide plenty of additional details regarding the employer, to the most well-qualified applicants.
While this position is currently defined as “temporary,” and we are not actively offering it as a “temporary-to-permanent” transition opportunity, we can share that our client his hired temporary Brainstorm Creative Resources employees into full-time positions in years past.
• Assist the Communications Department with the following efforts: (1) create a range of communications for use with the organization's members and staff; (2) advance communications to market the institution and its policies across digital media; (3) identify emerging opportunities to support organizational initiatives and to develop communications materials and programs to support these activities; and (4) help develop communications guidelines, processes, policies, and procedures.
• Support creative efforts (text, graphic design, video, and images) to maintain a vibrant social media presence to best reach organizational members, Hill staff, and the wider public. Help develop a range of products (graphics and text) to communicate information gleaned from organizational policy memos and fact sheets for use on Twitter and Facebook.
• Assist with overall messaging and policy content on the organization's website (text and images) in close coordination with both the technical webmaster and other colleagues.
• Help keep current the intranet messaging and content (text and images) in close coordination with the technical webmaster to ensure updated policy communications are readily available to staff.
• Help track metrics, report weekly on results, and suggest improvements to the digital media operation to best communicate ongoing and breaking issues.
• Monitor external social media content relevant to our issues and our brand, for the organization's promotion or general awareness.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience with a major in the study of: communications -or- public policy/political science -or- international relations -or- English -or- journalism.
• Possesses the drive to maintain awareness and understanding of relevant news affecting our organization, as well as current digital media and marketing best practices.
• At least tangentially (and demonstrably) familiar with the use of graphic design tools and content-management software.
• Strong analytical, writing and proofreading skills.
• Outstanding attention to detail, organizational and interpersonal skills; self-starter with the ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines.
• Outstanding interpersonal skills with proven ability to collaborate with others.
• Judgment and discretion in handling confidential information.
• Full competencies in Microsoft Office Suite.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*