The Atlantic Council’s Eurasia Center seeks a motivated, talented, and creative entry-level communications professional who is eager to develop strong media campaigns and strategies surrounding some of today’s most critical foreign policy issues. S/he will support efforts to generate positive media attention for the Centers’ publications, events, and policy initiatives through the use of traditional and new media, marketing of events and publications, and development of relationships with journalists. S/he will coordinate all communications efforts between the full-time staff, fellows, and media outlets.
The ideal candidate will have experience with social media campaigns, working with journalists, and a background or serious interest in foreign policy related to global energy issues and Ukraine/Russia. S/he will provide operational and administrative support for all facets of communications-related activities for DPEC and GEC.
S/he will report to the Associate Director of the Eurasia Center, but will also coordinate his/her work with the Communications Department.
• Keep apprised of the news cycle and identify opportunities to position EC experts in broadcast and media outlets;
• Actively reach out to journalists to develop a media networks for EC;
• Assist with press management at EC;
• Field incoming media requests for EC experts and schedule interviews;
• Assist with drafting press releases announcing new EC fellows, initiatives, and important events;
• Assemble media reports following high profile EC events;
• Proofread promotional materials drafted by DPEC/GEC staff to conform to Atlantic Council style;
• Assist DPEC/GEC with drafting media materials as needed.
• Run the new EC microsite;
• Create graphics and info graphics as needed;
• Run the EC social media accounts and improve social media presence through new social media platforms;
• Update web content such as event pages, expert bio pages;
• Assist Web Content Administrator with urgent EC requests such as event pages and recaps.
• Minimum 1 year of relevant work experience;
• Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, International Relations, Foreign Affairs or related field;
• Excellent English language written and oral communication skills;
• Strong social media proficiency, particularly within the professional context;
• Demonstrated experience or serious interest in global energy issues and Eurasia, particularly Ukraine and Russia, and foreign policy;
• Understanding of Washington policy environment;
• Strong administrative and organizational skills, with high attention to detail;
• Demonstrated initiative and ability to work well with a team in a dynamic environment;
• Excellent interpersonal skills, including ability to work well with senior officials, scholars, journalists, staff, and interns.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org