Women Deliver is a leading global advocacy organization. We build capacity, forge partnerships, create networks, develop messages and catalyze actions that spark political commitment and investment in the health, rights, and wellbeing of girls and women throughout the world. We bring together diverse voices and interests to share solutions and drive progress particularly in gender equality and maternal, sexual and reproductive health and rights.
Started in 2010, the award-winning Women Deliver Young Leaders Program counts 400 youth advocates from more than 100 countries who are advancing the health, rights, and wellbeing of girls and women. Our new class of Young Leaders, currently being finalized, will add 300 more. The program relies on a honed approach involving training, mentoring, and support to maximize opportunities for young people to advocate for their health and rights, and that of their communities.
Summary of the Position:
The Associate, Youth Engagement provides support administration to our award-winning Women Deliver Young Leaders Program. The Associate manages the development and implementation of our youth engagement strategy to support and increase meaningful youth participation at the community, national, regional and international levels. The Associate also plays a significant role in the day to day facilitation of the Young Leaders Speakers Bureau and general support of the Youth Engagement Team. The Associate reports to the Director, Youth Engagement.
- Supports the administration of the overall Young Leaders Program
- Provides Speaker Bureau support; placing Young Leaders in key forums through scholarships including managing visa and travel arrangements
- Provides broad support in implementing Women Deliver’s youth engagement strategy to facilitate meaningful participation among Young Leaders
- In partnership with the Senior Communications Associate, Youth Engagement – creates and updates youth focused content for the website, newsletter and social media platforms
- Assists in the planning and organizing of the youth pre-conference in the lead up to the Women Deliver 2019 Conference, including planning workshop sessions, coordinating logistics, etc.
- BA/BS required in related field such as public health, international relations, gender studies or human rights
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience
- Background working with diverse cultures and youth populations on global health or international development campaigns, programs or initiatives
- Knowledge of youth-led/youth-serving programs and organizations a plus
- Superior oral and written communication skills
- Strong project coordination skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, flexibility, and resourcefulness in solving problems, sense of humor a plus
- Ability to effectively work in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines and conduct work independently
- Strong attention to detail and a track record of consistently delivering high-quality work
- Experience with handling international travel and event-planning logistics a plus
- Spanish or French language skills preferred
- Ability to travel, both domestically and internationally, if needed
- Eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship
Please email a cover letter, CV, and salary requirements.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org