UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
In Ukraine UN Women implements a country strategy (2018-2022), covering three thematic areas: Gender- responsive Governance and Participation, Women, Peace and Security and the Elimination of Violence against Women. UN Women Ukraine assists Ukraine in implementation of the international commitments on human rights, gender equality and the empowerment of women. These include Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), Universal Periodic Review (UPR), Convention on the Elimination of all Forms of Discrimination (CEDAW) and its Optional Protocol, Beijing Platform for Actions (BPfA) and the UN Security Council Resolutions on Women, Peace and Security (WPS), among other normative frameworks.
Through its country strategy UN Women provides policy advice, awareness-raising, social mobilization and capacity building of the government, parliament, human rights institutions, women’s groups and civil society to translate global norms into national reforms, policies, legislation, plans and budgets and to repeal discriminatory social and legal norms. The UN Women capacity development work is closely linked to the on-going reforms and aims at institutionalization of the training methodologies, modules and approaches developed by UN Women to ensure continuity and sustainability of the achieved results.
As a part of the Country Strategy, UN Women implements a number of projects, including the UN Women – UNDP Joint Programme on “Restoration of Governance and Reconciliation in Crisis-Affected Communities of Ukraine” funded by the EU”, “CEDAW in Action!” funded by the Government of Canada, “Gender Equality at the Center of the Reforms, Peace and Security”, funded by the government of Sweden, “Building democratic, peaceful and gender equal society in Ukraine” funded by the Government of Norway.
To support UN Women Ukraine office with the top-quality results-based reporting and print products drafting, the office seeks to hire the international consultant.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under overall supervision of the UN Women Country Programme Manager/Head of Office, and direct supervision of the Programme Specialist, the consultant will implement a set of tasks, including, but not limited to:
Task 1: Support drafting results-based reports:
Perform drafting and editing of the project narrative progress and final reports complying with the UN Women result-based reporting standards, including formulating smart results, use of change language, focusing on results and lessons learned;
Constantly be in direct communication with the programme manager/ staff responsible for report in case of questions need for general clarification as well as for usage of terminology.
Task 2: Support drafting texts for the publications:
Support writing and editing of projects-related visibility and communications materials such as: project briefs/one pagers, brochures. Perform this task based on the written materials received from the project managers/responsible staff;
Support writing and editing of the project summary materials for possible publication and dissemination on gender equality, women’s empowerment related to the UN Women Ukraine activities s. The consultant will use the project materials produced by UN Women projects, consultants and partner organizations.
All reports/written texts should be submitted c in English language and comply to the UN Women Results-Based Management (RBM) standards
The Consultant is expected to work from home, remotely using her/his own computer.
UN Women will provide the consultant with the RBM and results-based report writing guidelines, all supporting materials and information and will organize calls/video-conferences if necessary.
Contractor’s performance will be evaluated against such criteria as: timeliness, responsibility, initiative, communication, accuracy, and quality of the products delivered. The evaluation will be carried out and cleared by the hiring manager after receiving and accepting monthly progress reports which will also be the basis for payment on a monthly basis to the consultant.
Payments will be disbursed by instalments based on time-sheets as per above schedule upon certification by the UN Women Programme Specialist that the services have been satisfactorily performed.
Please visit this link for more information on UN Women’s Core Values and Competencies: http://www.unwomen.org/-/media/headquarters/attachments/sections/about%20us/employment/un-women-employment-values-and-competencies-definitions-en.pdf
Required Skills and Experience
Required Skills and Experience
• Advanced university degree in Journalism and/or Media, Philology, Sociology, Law, Teaching, International Relations, Economics, Development Studies or related fields and/or specialization of editor and/or copy editor;
• At least 5 years of related professional experience in reports writing, copy editing and publishing, preferably in the field of international development agenda; human rights, gender equality, women’s and human rights;
• A working experience in this area within the United Nations or international organizations;
• Experience of writing/editing UN documents;
• Strong organizational skills, ability to meet deadlines and to manage multiple tasks effectively.
Languages and other skills:
• Excellent command of written English;
• Computer literacy and ability to effectively use office technology equipment, IT tools, ability to use Internet and email.
Evaluation of Applicants:
Applications will be evaluated based on the cumulative analysis taking into consideration the combination of their qualifications and financial proposal. A two-stage procedure is utilised in evaluating the proposals, with evaluation of the technical proposal being completed prior to any price proposal being compared. The award of the contract should be made to the individuals whose offer has been evaluated and determined as:
• Having received the highest score out of a pre-determined set of weighted technical and financial criteria specific to the solicitation.
Technical criteria and interview, 70% of total evaluation – max 70 points for technical criteria. Total max 70 points:
• The total number of points allocated for the technical qualification component is 70. The technical qualification of the individual is evaluated based on desk review and following technical qualification evaluation criteria:
Criterion A – Relevant education – maximum obtainable points 5
Criterion B – Language skills – maximum obtainable points 5
Criterion C – Relevant Experience with total for all of the stated criteria– maximum obtainable points 60:
• At least 5 years of related professional experience in reports writing, copy editing and publishing, preferably in the field of international development agenda; human rights, gender equality, women’s and human rights (20 points);
• A working experience in this area within the United Nations or international organizations (20 points);
• Experience of writing/editing UN documents (20 points);
Total Obtainable Score for technical criteria – 70
Financial/Price Proposal evaluation:
• Only the financial proposal of candidates who have attained a minimum of 49 points in the technical evaluation will be further considered and evaluated.
• The total number of points allocated for the financial/price component is 30.
• The maximum number of points will be allotted to the lowest price proposal that is opened/ evaluated and compared among those technical qualified candidates who have attained a minimum of 49 points in the technical evaluation. All other price proposals will receive points in inverse proportion to the lowest price.
Evaluation of submitted financial offers will be done based on the following formula: S = Fmin / F * 30
(S - score received on financial evaluation; Fmin - the lowest financial offer out of all the submitted offers qualified over the technical evaluation round; F - financial offer under the consideration).
Application and submission package:
The candidate’s application should include:
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org