Manage the execution of export/import authorizations (Licenses, Agreements, Exemptions/Exceptions, etc.) under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and Export Administration Regulations (EAR) as well as ensure compliance for all activities under each authorization. This role will partner with the businesses to provide solutions that meet the overall mission deliverables and enables the businesses to balance business execution and compliance requirements in collaboration with the Global Trade Licensing and Compliance team.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Supports all stages of the export/import authorization (e.g., License, Agreement, Exemption/Exception) lifecycle as required by Company policies and guidelines.
- Manages the relationship with non-U.S. licensees in collaboration with Contracts, Supply Chain Management, Business Development / Capture Managers and/or Program Management.
- Ensures new authorization and transaction requests to Global Trade contain the appropriate export/import jurisdiction and classification assessments (JCA).
- Drives review of the draft Agreement / Amendment with the applicable Business Unit functions and the foreign licensees prior to submission.
- Monitors and identifies changes to export/import authorizations (Licenses/Agreements/Exemptions/Exceptions) and collaborates with Global Trade of any changes affecting the authorization upon knowledge of the change.
- Tracks employees performing activities authorized under the export/import authorization and ensures those employees have reviewed and acknowledged in writing the Authorization Management Plan.
- Identifies and documents approved transfer mechanisms and ensures records of all export transactions (e.g., technical data exports and defense services) are maintained and documented in accordance with Global Trade approved record keeping processes.
- Initiates, gathers information on, and coordinates Part 130 processing and reporting to include supplemental reports with the functions, Global Trade and trade counsel.
- Supports and coordinates with program and engineering to provide accurate Low Observable/Counter Low-Observable and Critical Program Information statements to Global Trade for ITAR applications.
- Manages hardware custodians and notifies the cognizant Global Trade Licensing coordinator or manager when the designated hardware custodian changes.
- In conjunction with Global Trade Director, develops temporary hardware management plan, including tracking training for the responsible stakeholders.
- Ensures agreement revalidation surveys and hardware surveys are completed timely and accurately by programs and hardware custodians.
- Some travel as required (10-20%).
Required Skills and Experience:
- 8+ years export/import related experience and application of regulations (ITAR, EAR, Customs);
- Analytical and complex problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management; exercise leadership; self-initiative; and sound judgment
- Experience on multi-functional teams working export/import issues and driving issues to conclusions
- Application of business principles and concepts
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Able to obtain a DoD Security Clearance
- US Citizen
Bachelor’s Degree in business, international relations, political science or related field.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org