Social Media and Communications Intern
Are you living for tweets and dreaming in #hashtags? Than join the Control Arms team and help make a difference by generating engaging social media content and visuals to raise awareness, attract new audiences, and promote social change. We are looking for a dynamic social media and communications intern who can work in our New York office starting immediately.
Control Arms is a global civil society alliance that works towards a safer world where the international arms trade is properly controlled. Over the past decade, Control Arms has mobilized millions of people in countries around the world to a enact policy change in support of the UN Arms Trade Treaty.
The campaigns of Control Arms have become synonymous with engaging stories, visuals, and multimedia. The campaign is embarking on a new phase of media engagement and message-crafting and we are looking for a creative and dedicated individual to generate engaging social media content and visuals to raise awareness, attract new audiences, and promote social change.
The Social Media Intern will have the opportunity to be a part of the Control Arms Secretariat in New York, acting as a creative hub for all of Control Arms’ online campaigning efforts, gain firsthand experience with United Nations advocacy, and see their products placed before millions of people around the world.
- Generate social media content, blog posts, and other small materials, often live-tweeting or blogging about current events related to the ATT.
- Maintain and update social media analytics and engagement logs.
- Design web, social media, and print assets for campaigning and advocacy.
- Improve user visual experience on all web platforms for Control Arms.
- Remotely assist Communications team with event-specifc editorial and design elements for high-level meetings at the United Nations and multilateral events in New York City.
- Written and oral fluency in English. Native or professional fluency in French or Spanish a bonus.
- Excellent knowledge of Facebook and Twitter.
- Academic or professional background in Public Relations, Communications, Graphic Design, Digital Multimedia, Advertising, or related field.
- Interest in arms control, international relations, security studies, or similar sectors.
- Comfortable working on several projects simultaneously.
- Superior attention to detail.
- Effective team player with a sense of humor and the ability to work independently (this position has the possibility of working remotely).
- Social Media, Facebook, Tweeter, Blog Management skills
Campaign Associate Internship
The Control Arms Secretariat is seeking an energetic, and committed Campaign Associate, who is passionate about making change on a global scale, and will bring ideas and enthusiasm. Experience working as part of a small team and ability to time-manage and take initiative is important, as is working cross-culturally and multi-task.
The successful candidate will play an integral role in supporting the Coalition's advocacy and outreach, the development and implementation of workshops and technical trainings, as well as drafting social media and communications campaigns around relevant international meetings.
- Play an active role in implementing current campaign initiatives, both digital and offline
- Support other Control Arms staff with preparations for relevant international/ regional meetings. This will include logistical support (booking meeting space, organizing travel and accommodation) as well as preparation of conference-related resources, such as policy briefs and logistics guide, and campaign actions.
- Organize side events and panel discussions in the context of the UNGA First Committee;
- Conduct research to support media, campaign or policy work as needed.
- Contribute to the maintenance of Control Arms' online presence particularly through its website, Twitter and Facebook accounts.
- Completed or enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree program (Prefer students studying peace and justice, political science or with a focus on international relations/affairs)
- Proficient in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; knowledge of Word Press or web platform management and/or coding an asset
- Experience with event organization
- Experience with advocacy or campaigning desired but not essential
- Strong written communications skills in English; other languages a strong asset
- Experience in a workplace and ability to prioritize and manage responsibilities
Please send out an email at [email protected] with your resume, noting in the subject line which internship position you are interested in.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org