At FLIR, we have a simple but ambitious mission: to develop market-leading thermal and sensing technologies which enhance everyday life. From saving energy, to saving lives FLIR is making a real difference in our world.
Our products are used in a wide array of situations to rescue people in danger, detect criminals, conserve energy, navigate safely, provide security around the globe, and protect our environment.
We are looking for individuals who thrive on making an impact and want the excitement of being on a team that wins.
- Responsible for preparation and submission of all types of license applications (DSP-5, DSP-61 DSP-73, etc.), agreements, requests for authorization and other submissions to the Directorate of Defense Trade Controls (DDTC); acts as a company Empowered Official for purposes of ITAR compliance and DDTC licensing activities.
- Coordinates closely with Business Development and other business teams to communicate and to follow appropriate processes to ensure the proper submission, use and administration of DDTC licenses, agreements, exemptions and other authorizations.
- Advises on licensing requirements for demonstration and marketing activities, and for technical data releases, and works closely with business functions to ensure that timely and comprehensive authorizations are in place, as required.
- Establishes export licensing metrics; prepares and distributes license status and other reports to key stakeholders.
- Identifies reporting requirements and ensures accurate and timely submission.
- Tracks and maintains current status on provisos, conditions, reporting and other compliance requirements under DDTC licenses, agreements and approvals.
- Assists in developing and implementing procedures, desk instructions and compliance tools designed to achieve full compliance with the ITAR and other applicable export controls.
- Reviews international orders and shipments and provides guidance, as necessary to ensure conformity to licensing and other ITAR compliance requirements.
- Presents export compliance training to a variety of audiences, as required.
- Assists in supporting internal and external audits and in tracking and closing of any resulting corrective actions.
- Other duties may be assigned, including preparation and submission of license applications to the Bureau of Industry & Security, U.S. Department of Commerce, in accordance with the EAR.
- Bachelor’s degree in International Relations/Business or associated discipline.
- Requires minimum of 7 – 10 years of experience in a global company working within an ITAR licensing and compliance program, preferably related to Category XII of the U.S. Munitions List; requires thorough knowledge of DDTC and industry-standard best practices.
- Requires through knowledge of all aspects of the ITAR and the EAR, including commodity jurisdiction and classification; licensing and exemptions; Technical Assistance Agreements and other agreements; foreign national licensing; technical data controls; reporting; and other ITAR requirements.
- Requires strong attention to detail, solid analytical/problem solving skills and experience in advising global business operations on ITAR licensing and compliance requirements.
- Requires demonstrated success in working with DDTC, DTSA and other Government agencies on a wide range of licensing and compliance issues.
- Requires ability to navigate and work cross-functionally in a global, matrixed organization.
- Must possess excellent written/oral communications and presentation skills and sound business judgment.
- Proficiency working in a Windows based environment, including Word and Excel; experience with OCR system and SAP Global Trade (GTS) module is a plus.
- Occasional travel (U.S. and international) may be required.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org