The office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) is seeking a candidate to fill the vacancy of the following position: Senior Administrative/Programme Assistant (G5) in Warsaw, Poland (LO Frontex).
This post is part of the Warsaw based UNHCR Liaison Office to the European Border and Coast Guard Agency (Frontex), functionally within the Bureau for Europe’s Policy and Legal Support Unit. The Senior Admin/Programme Assistant will provide administrative/programme assistance to the Head of the Office/Unit to ensure that routine services and activities within the administrative/programme domain are implemented. Subject to the nature of the task/assignment in hand, s/he will receive regular guidance from his/her supervisor. S/he will maintain also close working relations with UNHCR colleagues, partners, contractors and suppliers.
The incumbent will perform the following tasks:
- Assists with the interpretation and processing of entitlements, issuance of contracts and maintenance of various personnel records and files;
- Assists in the recruitment of GS staff by evaluating candidate applications and conducting preliminary interviews;
- Assists in surveys on local cost of living, local salaries, housing rental and collecting the information on the above-mentioned; Processing requests for visas, identity cards, driving licences and other personnel-related documents; Prepare travel authorization and assist in the submission of travel claims, rental subsidy and education grant etc.;
- Attends meetings on day-to-day admin. matters; administers the movement of local staff members, their attendance, leave plan, overtime, etc.;
- Assists in the preparation of inventory records of non-expendable equipment for UNHCR and Implementing Partners with submission to Hqs;
- Assists in preparing requisitions, purchase orders, financial vouchers using MSRP for both Admin and Programme Units, assists in organizing tenders and other procurement procedures according to UNHCR standards;
- Selects and enters data from a wide variety of documents, verifying accuracy by checking sources, making necessary calculations and assuring inclusion of all relevant data;
- Assists in preparing budget submissions; maintains liaison with officials of local bank to obtain day-to-day information in exchange and interest rates, changes in procedures and regulations and matters pertaining to maintenance of office bank accounts;
- Collects, registers and maintains information on project activities by reviewing reports and through first-hand sources;
- Monitor project/programme activities by reviewing and analyzing a variety of records and reports, especially budgets and financial implementation;
- Performs routine liaison office duties relating to the registration and participation of UNHCR staff in Frontex events and related follow up (including reimbursements as applicable); and maintains the office filing system (electronic and hard copy);
- Maintains LO distribution lists and updates relevant basic information notes including on logistics and reimbursement systems;
- Contributes to the management of Liaison to Frontex’ workflows. Supervises and maintains LO Calendars and overview of meetings and events requiring LO and/or other UNHCR participation. Assists with the scheduling/organisation and logistical preparations for meetings and arranging transport to and from meetings as well as travel arrangements related to missions;
- In coordination with the UNHCR Representation in Poland, undertakes regular inventory and replenishment of necessary office supplies and ensures regular office maintenance/repairs undertaken as necessary, following up with external service providers as required;
- Performs other duties as required.
- Completion of secondary education with certificate/training in Business Administration, Social Sciences or other related field;
- Minimum 5 years of previous job experience relevant to the function;
- Computer skills (MS office);
- Fluency in oral and written English and ability to communicate in Polish.
Desirable qualifications and competences
- Previous experience working in or with UNHCR;
- Completion of UNHCR learning programmes or specific training relevant to the functions of the position;
- Good working knowledge of UNHCR administrative and financial rules, procedures and processes;
- Knowledge and working experience of MSRP (PeopleSoft).
Interested candidates are invited to fill in the Personal History (P.11) form which can be obtained at www.unhcr.org/recruit/p11new.doc. Completed forms are to be submitted by January 31th 2018 at 24h00, together with a motivation letter in English to [email protected] with “ Senior Administrative/Progamme Assistant – LO Frontex” in the subject. Late applications will not be accepted.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org