Reporting to the Director of Programs, the successful applicant will assist with office and program administration.
This position requires native or near native language capabilities in English; strong oral and written skills; office experience; the ability to work under pressure; a willingness to learn; and an affinity with the CICC’s mission.
The responsibilities of the Program Assistant will include but are not limited to:
- Administrative support to the Director of Programs, as well as to the NY-based Executive Director and Deputy Executive Director, including scheduling, filing, travel preparations, and other tasks as necessary;
- Internal/external meeting preparation and event planning, including arranging conference calls, preparing venues, coordinating logistics, preparing materials, etc.;
- Support with financial issues, including inventory record-keeping, purchasing of office supplies’ orders, credit card payments;
- Maintaining CICC contact (membership and government) databases;
- Responding to information requests, including requests received through general CICC email address;
- Processing Coalition membership requests;
- Attending, reporting, and assisting with meetings and events related to the CICC’s work.
- Providing Coalition members with updates on ICC-related activities and events;
- Assisting with preparations for the annual session of the Assembly of States Parties to the International Criminal Court;
- Assisting with other WFM-IGP programs;
- Other tasks as needed.
We are interested in applicants whose studies were related to Administration, Management and/or other relevant fields; International Relations, Political Science, Human Rights, or Law.
- Fluency in English required; proficiency in Dutch would be an asset; working knowledge of other languages (French, Spanish, or Arabic) also desirable;
- Prior experience with administrative/office tasks;
- Organizational and administrative skills;
- Attention to detail;
- Effective team player with the ability to work in a multicultural environment;
- Resourceful and proactive.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis; therefore it is advised to send in applications early. Short-listed candidates will be invited for a telephone/Skype interview. Due to the great number of applications, only short-listed candidates will be contacted. NO phone inquiries please.
Please apply by 20 January by sending a cover letter and CV by email with the subject header, “[First and last name] - Hague Program Assistant”.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org